General Hellos Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Castro, Adam-Troy » General Hellos « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adam-Troy Castro
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 06:16 am:   

Hi there!

JeffV
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 02:00 pm:   

Welcome, Adam. Glad you could join us. What've you been up to? What's coming out in the next year from you?

JeffV

Adam-Troy
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 06:26 pm:   

Jeff, at this point the pipeline is short; I'm working on a novel and have not had a LOT of success selling short fiction lately. However, I have two collections in process:

TANGLED STRINGS, from Fivestar, which includes five science fiction novellas (including the Hugo/Neb nominee "Funeral March of the Marionettes" and the Neb nominee "Sunday Night yams at Minnie and Earl's"). This is expected out in August or so.

WITH THE STARS IN THEIR EYES, a collaborative collection (half me, half Jerry Oltion), featuring our hugo/neb nominee "The Astronaut from Wyoming" and divers other pieces.

In August I have a new novelette coming in Keith DeCandido's Pocket Books anthology, IMAGININGS, which I consider the best story of my career. It's been called horror, fantasy, and science fiction. "Of A Sweet Slow Dance In the Wake of Temporary Dogs." Best story I ever wrote, ever. Closes out that collection.

That be it, for now...

One quick plug for my website, which has lotsa lotsa free material, including artwork, rants, movie reviews, lots of other stuff.

sff.net/people/adam-troy

I should start a separate topic for feedback on the website...ATC

mike bishop
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 07:02 am:   

Adam, thanks for the kind comment on Andrew Fox's board about Brittle Innings. Thought I'd answer here rather than there for reasons that may be self-evident. In any event, all the very best.

Adam-Troy Castro
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 12:03 pm:   

Mike: I was gonna add UNICORN VARIATIONS, and the one about the neanderthal in Georgia, but I was unsure of the titles; one title sufficed. My pleasure, of course.

mike bishop
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 12:24 pm:   

No need to add any of the old titles -- the spirit of Roger Zelazny may have objected to your attributing the Variations to me, if I haven't mistaken the author of that one myself), but I am grateful, and I hope all is going well with you. Have a good week.

Adam-Troy@sff.net
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 12:44 pm:   

You did a Unicorn book, I'm sure of it. Oh, I see my error. It was UNICORN MOUNTAIN, right. The one with the AIDS connection. I did read that one but I mixed the title up.

mike bishop
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:06 am:   

No sweat. I mix them up myself nowadays. In any event, hope all's well with you after the hurricane, etc. We got a rush from it on Monday night even here in Georgia; closed down schools, knocked out power, left litter all over. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ivan doesn't come ashore at all and certainly not in places already popped by the previous two major storms.

Adam-Troy Castro
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 09:41 am:   

yeah, we're keeping an eye on Ivan.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration