News, etc. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Wexler, Robert Freeman » News, etc. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

RFW
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 12:58 pm:   

The Yellow Springs News has a little article on me, which can be read online here:

http://www.ysnews.com/morenews/

A few slight inaccuracies about sf/f and such, but my name is spelled correctly.

Robert

Nancy Jane Moore
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 09:31 pm:   

Isn't that the prime rule of publicity: It doesn't matter what they say as long as they spell your name right?
Cute picture, too.
Nancy

RFW
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 06:34 am:   

2 p.m. Monday May 19 (East Coast time) I'm being interviewed on a public radio program here called the "Book Nook," which can be listened to over the internet. Not sure how well it works, but here's the link.

http://www.publicbroadcast.net/wyso/ppr/index.shtml

Robert

M. Bishop
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 11:19 am:   

Robert, I found The Yellow Springs News, using the URL you gave, but I couldn't find the article about you, even clicking among various pages. Am I even inepter than I thunk myself before?

Michael

RFW
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 12:18 pm:   

Hi Michael. You're not inepter at all. They moved it to the archives, here:

http://www.ysnews.com/stories/2003/may/050103_wexler.html

M. Bishop
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 04:31 am:   

Thanx thanx thanx. I visited the site and read the piece on you and encourage everyone else who visits this board to do the same. I like the business about not seeing the end until you're about a block away from it and then apprehending it more fully, as a natural outgrowth of all that's gone before, as you incrementally approach it. Good stuff. And I never knew you had a (plastic?) chicken on your shelf. Of red and blue? Or have I forgotten the colors. I'll go back and check it out again.

In any case, have a good day, week, month, etc.

Michael

RFW
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 07:40 am:   

Actually it's a ceramic rooster...

Robert

MLB
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 06:44 am:   

Ah, ceramic. That explains *everything*.

Lucius
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 07:44 am:   

Ever since checking out your article, man, I've been reading the Yellow Springs News on a regular basis and I'm convinced it is a fiction, a little addition to your book. I have to say that he June 5 artcle, Schoolbus Driver Turns In Her Keys, is a work of genius. My congrats...

LeslieWhat
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2003 - 04:57 pm:   

Yeah, well the Yellow Springs News doesn't know everything. They didn't report about how a hungry college student lost his job washing dishes for the Winds just as the restaurant changed to its new menu. Now he has to eat the campus glop, imagining what might have been on his plate.

But the piece they did on you was pretty good.

RFW
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 06:39 am:   

I'm glad the local paper is entertaining and informative for people in the northwest. There's a little bit of Yellow Springs in everyone. Not that Yellow Springs has anything to do with Springdale. That's an imaginary place and Yellow Springs is real. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Robert

Deborah
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 08:14 am:   

Ohio seems to have more than its share of potentially imaginary places -- you ever been to Circleville? In my youth (one phase of it anyway) I worked for the Huntington Bank Op Center in Columbus and used to ocassionally get sent out to deliver work to some of these outlying areas such as Circleville, Chillicothe, Heath, Hebron, Newark...very odd places...

Stepan Chapman
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 09:34 pm:   

Hello, Robert.

Let me respond here to your last e-mail, re the Lambshead reading at ReaderCon.

The villain bit is fun, but since there's only four of us doctors involved-- Cisco, DiFilippo, you, and me-- it would be nice if you could read more than just the letter.

Did you write any diseases that Jeff V. rejected? (I know I did.) Failing that, would you like to write one up especially for the reading?

Because I think you should sit up front with the rest of us and read a disease. No one but we doctors will know that the disease isn't part of this year's edition. And what does that matter anyhow?

Just a thought.

JET
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 12:45 pm:   

Stepan said about the Readercon panel reading: "since there's only four of us doctors involved-- Cisco, DiFilippo, you, and me"

Hey...what about me?

:-(

Dr. Jeffrey Thomas

RFW
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 08:41 am:   

Hi Dr. Jeffrey. I'm sorry I didn't correct Dr. Stepan's omission. I forgot to respond ot his post at all.

I'd rather not read the disease that Dr. VanderMeer rejected. It wasn't good. I hope I never see it again. And I haven't had time to try anything new for the reading, so I'll have to stick with my letter, and read Mike Bishop's disease if there's time.

Dr. W.

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 10:27 am:   

Dear Drs:

I'm not sure of the exact time I will be arriving at the convention, but I have a panel at 7PM, and then a break before the meeting. Would everyone have time to meet around 8:15 to 8:30 to discuss how this event should be organized? Since I have not witnessed any prior medical readings, some advice as to how I should direct the evenings festvities...I mean, somber reflections would be appreciated.

Director K

Jeffrey Thomas
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 10:20 pm:   

Robert, it was great meeting/talking with you at Readercon! So looking forward to reading SPRINGDALE TOWN. Judging from your reading, your work has a sure and carefully modulated, understated tone that I envy. Anyway, I forgot to get your address so I can mail you a check for your non-credit card Readercon sales. Could you email me with your mailing address? My email addy is:
necropolitan@msn.com
Take care!
- Jeffrey

John Klima
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 08:06 am:   

Robert:

It was a real pleasure meeting you this last weekend. Hope to see you in the Fall in NYC!

JK

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register