Collaborations (FREE NEMO ONE!) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Lewis, D.F. » Collaborations (FREE NEMO ONE!) « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des lewis
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 01:22 am:   

Many of my collaborations with other writers are linked for reading from here:
http://newdfl.bloghorn.com/157

des lewis
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 01:22 pm:   

These are ever expanding from the history of the Nineties Small Press:
Has anyone done more than me?
^^^
FREE BOOKS FOR BUMPS:
http://weirdmonger.mindsay.com/bumps_for_books.mws

des lewis
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   

Anyone who posts here at least three critiques (each at least 75 words long), ie a critique of three of these collaborations here:
will (until further notice) receive, by surface mail, a free copy of the ground-breaking NEMONYMOUS ONE (2001) - the world's very first anonymous multi-authored story anthology - soon to become unavailable as there are relatively few copies left for distribution.

Colleen Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 09:54 am:   

I am so excited!!! I'm gonna get Nemo one!!! hehehe I will be reading these stories over the next couple of days and you can expect the critiques to start by this Friday!!! Please save me a copy I don't want to miss having the full collection of Nemo!!!! As usual thank you so much to Des!!!

Phillip Stecco
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 04:30 pm:   

"Even Dogs Could Talk" is a delightful collaboration between D. F. Lewis and David Price. The plot is that of a reader's experience with a book which is becoming increasingly "unputdownable." The gripping novel within the story is MISCREANT IN MOONSTREAM by one "Dee F. Lewis," ostensibly a matronly authoress. At once, the story is a barbed attack on bestseller marketing and an homage to the memory of the joys and special wonder of childhood reading. This tale indescribably illustrates the interactive relationships between author and reader, reader and character, and written word and sense. Highly recommended! "Even Dogs Could Talk" first appeared in "Roadworks" in 2000.

Colleen Andrews
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 08:58 am:   

"Illusion" by Anthea Holland and DF Lewis is a very interesting story!! Five young men decide to visit the ornamental gardens one Saturday afternoon rather than going to the pub as they have always done.These five friends stumble across a tunnel and decide to walk through. The story takes an unexpected twist once these friends stumble through the darkness and find that true friendship can be questioned at any time. The authors brilliantly express the friendship these boys have and the twist at the end takes everyone for an unexpected trip. I thoroughly enjoyed this tale and would recommend you share it with your friends!

Phillip Stecco
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 04:32 pm:   

In "Pyramid Selling" D. F. Lewis and Jeff Holland explore the ramifications of virtual reality. After a series of computer-generated experiments with alternative realities, Thomas and Joanna come to realize that their invention will either cure the ills of the world or exacerbate them. The adventures of Thomas and Joanna show us that restraint is the most awesome power one can wield. This highly entertaining story examines the uses and abuses of knowledge and power, as well as the nature of reality itself. The more things change, the more they stay the same. This clever yarn is especially recommended for those readers who appreciate science fiction. "Pyramid Selling" first appeared in "Odyssey" in 1997.

Phillip Stecco
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 04:35 pm:   

What thoughts pass through the mind as one is dying? Perhaps those thoughts are shaped by the circumstances surrounding one's demise. Such is the premise of "Ambulance Chasers," a story by D. F. Lewis written in collaboration with Stuart Hughes. Through a rather absurd and unfortunate twist of fate, a man has a marble lodged in his throat. Tom is choking to death, and he is fully aware of it. The sights, sounds, and memories which pass through Tom's mind are quite vivid. Tom's final moments stretch into a single infinite moment. This reader will not soon shake off the sense of panic induced by Tom's predicament. "Ambulance Chasers" is highly recommended!

des lewis
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 05:23 am:   

Thanks, Phil, you've now carried out three critiques. Please contact bfitzworth@yahoo.co.uk

Others are still eligible for this offer.

Colleen Andrews
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 08:13 am:   

I was mesmerized by the story "Visitors" a collaboration by D.F. Lewis, Keith Brooke and Lawrence Dyer. The first time I read this story I was repulsed by the "visitors" and the method of getting rid of unwanted visitors to the bakery. Upon subsequent reading of this story I began to peel back the layers of story, finding more meaning each time I read it!! I would highly recommend this story with one small word of caution, please don't plan on going to the bakery any time soon!!!

des lewis
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 09:12 am:   

Thanks, Colleen. Only one to go for you! :-)

Phillip Stecco
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 04:46 pm:   

I have received Nemo One in today's mail. This is the crown jewel in my tiara of Nemonymity. Thank you, des!

*Atop an invisible human pyramid of cheerleaders*

"Go, Colleen, go!"

Colleen Andrews
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 07:57 am:   

Thank you to both of you!! I have been at home ill and have just today returned to work and my precious computer. I hope to have my last critique written in the next 24 hours!!!

des lewis
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 08:05 am:   

Sorry to hear you've been unwell, Colleen. Reading DFL should make you feel better. ;-)

Colleen Andrews
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 07:44 am:   

"The Welcome Mat" A D.F. Lewis and Chris Pelletiere collaboration was a great story. The door to door broom seller was first greeted with a welcome mat. He noticed something strange about it but couldn't put his finger on what was different about it!! This story tells of the memories the mat brought this door to door salesman and how it affects his job. I enjoyed this story because of the way the authors describe the mat and the memories it brought back for me. I would highly recommend reading this story so you can find out what happens after you cross "The Welcome Mat."

des lewis
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 07:53 am:   

Well done, Colleen. You just made it within the 24 hour target you gave yourself!
Please claim from bfitzworth@yahoo.co.uk

This free thread continues to be open for other Nemo One seekers. It was (in 2001) the world's very first anonymous anthology. When this is fully appreciated eventually, copies of this meticulously-crafted physical object (finite print run) will be extremely valuable! :-)

Colleen Andrews
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 09:01 am:   

Thank you Des!!! I will have the whole collection of Nemo books. Thank you for making these available!!! I have sent you my claim!!

Byron Bailey
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 02:40 pm:   

Hope to do this, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I don't have a computer of my own hooked up to the internet and another person who has a higher priority to the internet hooked up computer than I do is currently taking four online classes which leaves me very limited internet access. Hope to do it while the deal is still valid, but I'm not holding my breath.

des lewis
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 02:48 pm:   

I'll keep it open till you're ready, Byron.
Not many seem interested, except the old friendly crowd.

Brendan Connell
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   

Zencore review here Des:

http://brendanconnell.wordpress.com/2007/09/07/zencore/

des lewis
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 12:01 am:   

Thanks, Brendan. A craftily crafted review!
des

Brendan Connell
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 12:24 am:   

No problem. Thanks!

Byron Bailey
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 10:15 am:   

Thanks Des, I'll try to find some quality internet time in the next few weeks...months...possibly not until Christmas time. We'll see.

Byron Bailey
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 09:46 am:   

I read "The Fat Bat" by Des Lewis and Scott Urban, expecting to be entertained by a feel-good sports story about a baseball player who learns to have confidence in his own ability to hit a home run by the use of a "special" fat bat. What I got was, "bile, snot, and Lord knows what all else" followed by "yellow globules of urine."

I am now afraid of bats, not that I was ever particularly fond of them. I am now afraid of women by the name of Susan when I used to be fond of them. I am now afraid of urinating and plan to have a catheter installed as soon as possible.

Your story changed my life. It was pretty good, too.

Dflewis
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 03:22 am:   

My commiserations on picking that one out!

Grant Wamack
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 02:21 pm:   

Reviews to come.Transmission over.

Dflewis
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 02:12 am:   

I look forward to them, Grant.
For the sake of your sanity, I hope you have better luck in picking than Byron did. des :-)

Grant Wamack
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 08:01 am:   

"A Beacon to the Dead" is a collaboration by D.F. Lewis and Kirk S. King. A carnival performer named Reuben is haunted by ghosts after an unknown accident. Reuben is tired of this burden so he comes up with solution. He tries to free himself in his last act of the summer at the carnival. One last desperate act that leaves him worse or maybe better than before. If you like ghost stories this is a must read. And it also makes one think where did Kirk S. King go?

des lewis
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 06:24 am:   

Free book, free shipping. See above

des lewis
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 02:53 am:   

Tale with an unknown collaborator:
http://elizabethbowen.fortunecity.com/blog/entry51.html

Can a particular writer out there please help by owning up to this collaboration (as explained on the above linked page)?

Colleen Andrews
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 09:02 am:   

I received my copy of Nemo 1 on Saturday!! It's a beauty!!! Thank you again Des!!

Byron Bailey
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 07:56 pm:   

Still recovering from reading "The Black Bat." My vision has started returning, though, but it's still patchy as if a dozen black bats are fluttering across my eyes. I still haven't been able to listen to classical music, though, because the violin sounds too much like the screeching of a bat. Furthermore, I've had a minor setback in my recovery because the phobia I've aquired for bats has now expanded itself to include cats after seeing a black cat trying to drink water out of a toilette bowl.

Still hoping to read two more and claim my copy of Nemo 1 so that I can sell it (after I read it of course), hopefully for enough to pay for my much needed rehabilitation.

des lewis
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 12:47 am:   

The fat bat has become black? Or was it always black? I can't recall. It must have got to my brain by now.

Byron Bailey
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 04:15 am:   

See, that's what I mean. That story has me all messed up.

Grant Wamack
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 06:46 pm:   

My day wasn't that good until "I read Don't Drown the Man who Taught you to Swim" by D.F. Lewis and David Matthew. The story is about two men who have a shaky relationship. A relaxing bath and stars lead to an exciting revelation.A philosophical piece of fiction that is very inspirational to a writer like myself.

des lewis
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 01:00 am:   

Thanks, Grant. Critiquers (for the purpose of receiving a free copy of the increasingly rare, world-literary-history-groundbreaking 'Nemo One') are reminded that each critique should be at least 75 words long. :-)
des

Byron Bailey
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 11:03 am:   

Hey Des,

I'd be happy two do another two critiques sometime in the next few weeks but you can keep Nemo One. Don't take it as an insult but rather as a compliment, though. My housing situation is a little precarious, forcing me into a situation where I may be forced to abandon all my books. The last thing I want right now are any more books that would pain me to lose. Cheap paperbacks are okay. But from what I've seen, the Nemo's are on the special side and the first one has got to be even more special.

des lewis
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 11:25 am:   

Hi, Byron. I'll keep a Nemo One for you safe until you are able to receive it.
Meanwhile, good luck with the housing situation.
And thanks for bumping for the books in the past.
des

PS: For others:
the links for all the other free books are still active: HERE

Byron Bailey
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   

That'll wortk for me.

Thanks, des.

Byron Bailey
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 11:21 am:   

Shitaki. Portobello. Morel. Toadstool. Ergot. Magic mushrooms. Des Lewis's and Jeff Holland's Tungus explores the enigmatic nature of fungus. Is this story nothing more than a bad shroom trip? Is it a case of ergot poisoning gone horribly wrong? Is it the Elder Gods growing more mushroom for their salads? It's hard to say.

What I can say is that I have always found fungus disturbing, particularly after seeing fungus tendrils sprouting through the heads of insects on a nature show, and "Tungus" does nothing to allay my fears.

Byron Bailey
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   

I've just read Busy Blood by Des Lewis and Stuart Hughes which based on the experiences I've had at the hospital, seems a fairly accurate portrayal of hospital life. A psycho doctor willing to kill patients. Rings with more disturbing powers than any dreamed up by J. R. R. Tolkein. A psycho patient who chops off his own finger, reminiscent of Golum and nine-fingered Frodo. Or was that just a nightmare? Could this even be the end of the world? "Later, long after the sun had finally set, even the major ring-roads and arterials were unlit."

I don't know, but I think there's a nazgul behind it all.

des lewis
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 01:52 pm:   

Congratulations, Byron. Please write to bfitzworth@yahoo.co.uk to claim your fee.
Hope you have recovered from the Fat Bat by replacing it with a mushroom.

des lewis
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 02:31 pm:   

BTW, I've set aside a maximum of three more copies of NEMONYMOUS ONE in accordance with this thread, if three other people want them.

Byron Bailey
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   

Hope you have recovered from the Fat Bat by replacing it with a mushroom.

A fat bat and fungus, these terrors have converged in my mind until I now fear a fat bat turning me into fungus. I fear histoplasmosis.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration