Weirdtongue / Glistenberry Festival Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Lewis, D.F. » Weirdtongue / Glistenberry Festival « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des lewis
Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 02:34 am:   

Part 24 today invites readers to be characters.
http://www.weirdmonger.com

des lewis
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 12:40 am:   

Can't believe anyone has not thought of 'Glistenberry' before (as Google seems to indicate) as an alternate world name for Glastonbury: as in Glistenberry Festival, Glistenberry Tor and The Glistenberry Romance.
Goldfrapp is in some of the recent parts of the novel (at the point it is so far written - part 24).
Easy navigation: http://www.weirdmonger.com
Warning: Acquired Taste!! :-)

Nemonymous Seven now in its early planning stages in time for Guidelines being issued in November. Any suggestions?

des

des lewis
Posted on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 08:40 am:   

I have just completed part 29 of my latest free novel-in-progress (WEIRDTONGUE) starting here:

http://weirdmonger.blog-city.com/weirdtongue.htm

Anyone who gives me a brief suggestion for a future plot development that is then actually used in the novel as it progresses will receive a free copy of the gorgeous-looking trade paperback entitled 'Weirdmonger' (signed if you wish).

Dflewis
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 02:38 am:   

The Weirdmonger's rudery:- Part 30 of 'Weirdtongue' today finally answers the question as to where the Weirdmonger obtains the stock-in-trade for selling on his stall at Wagger Market.
(This question was first asked in a 1988 publication.)
des

Dflewis
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 09:35 am:   

Part 30 has one in a series of footnotes. Anyone who would like to provide a footnote to any part of 'Weirdtongue', i.e. for publication by me on a separate site but asterisked to the original site, please send it to me.

Dflewis
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 03:28 am:   

I expect good news on WEIRDTONGUE soon.

Meanwhile, how about this as a definition of 'story':

To define 'Story' specifically within its literary or popular fiction-reading tradition, it is a speculative narrative (non-true and non-real but perhaps based on truth or reality) that creates a linear or non-linear movement in character and/or plot and/or scenario/ambiance from one state to another, i.e. a movement that creates an interest and/or enjoyment and/or a change of emotion within an individual reader (including a collaboration (synergy?) between reader and writer towards the goal of suspended disbelief) ... accomplished by the following (in varying degrees of combination by any or all of them):- the semantics, syntax, graphology, phonetics (i.e. 'music') of language.

And is it more than a collaboration or synergy? Or, rather, a spiritual filter that works in both directions?

des

THE APOCRYFAN by DFL is up to part 4.

I've also linked to two apocryphal novels (by nobody) entitled EMOSS CRACK and MISCREANT IN MOONSTREAM.

My 1974 novel THE VISITOR is now complete on one site. As is my novella AGRA ASKA (written 1984 published 1998) and an unfinished novel YESTERFANG (2006).

www.weirdmonger.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration