How Am I Someone Else? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Lewis, D.F. » How Am I Someone Else? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 11:26 am:   

---------------------
www.amazon.com/gp/product/189481584X/102-9078371-9169754?n=283155

So who is David F.V. Lewis?

Yes, as you can see from the above link, David F. V. Lewis has written "Weirdmonger: The Nemonicon", "Asylum: Violent Ward", "Guide to Cytochromes P450: Structure & Function", "Drugs, Diet and Disease: Volume 1, Mechanistic Approaches to Cancer" (where he is editor) and the *very* expensive
"Cytochromes P450: Structure, Function and Mechanism (Taylor & Francis Series in Pharmaceutical Sciences)".

Actually, having recently re-read his "Weirdmonger" (as well as his "Asylum: Violent Ward"), I see this work - in contrast to his valuable pharmaceutical textbooks - as being fictional treatments using fiction very much as a trial magic cure of many bodily complications without the use of pharmaceuticals.

And not only that - his 'Weirdmonger' book has turned green (with slightly askew design) in contrast to the version at Shocklines:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/shocklines/webydlebpabo.html

It is indeed uncanny to be put in this position - much of my work is about loss of identity and its repercussions - now this happens!
des

“What nonsense, you know exactly who you are,” she said, smiling. “Stop looking for evidence that you’re someone else.” From Tamar Yellin’s Collection ‘Kafka in Brontëland’ (2006)

des
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:41 am:   

David F.V. Lewis is still shown as the author of Weirdmonger on Amazon.com.

des
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 01:56 am:   

The Inconstant Gardener?

Dflewis
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 12:16 am:   

I deny completely that the following passage from Stefan Grabinski's 'The Area' (1918-1922) is in any way a SF story with predictive qualities!

‘Yes, yes,’ the heads of the literati sadly nodded, ‘he wrote too much too soon…’ […] Wrzesmian wasn't too popular. The works of this strange man, saturated with rampant fantasy and imbued with strong individualism, gave a most unfavourable impression by inverting accepted aesthetic-literary theories and by mocking established pseudo-truths. His output was eventually acknowledged as the product of a sick imagination, the bizarre work of an eccentric, maybe even a madman. Wrzesmian was an inconvenience for a variety of reasons and he disturbed unnecessarily, stirring peaceful waters. Thus his premature eclipse was received with a secret sigh of relief.

As translated by Miroslaw Lipinski.
I've not read Grabinski before now. A friend recently sent me a copy of 'The Dark Domain' (Dedalus) to read.
des

Dflewis
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 07:42 am:   

Pleased to report that I've become myself again!
des

Dflewis
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 01:14 am:   

An obituary of DF Lewis:
http://weirdmonger.blogspot.com/2006/04/whelk-to-paradise-garden.html

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration