The Tenacity Of Feathers Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Lewis, D.F. » The Tenacity Of Feathers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 08:45 am:   

The overall trilogy (about 300,000 words) is entitled THE TENACITY OF FEATHERS:
http://www.weirdmonger.com

des
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 01:58 am:   

There is an increase (in geometric progression as the days pass) of hitting on this set of on-novels.
Perhaps I'm due to be more successful as a writer than I was an editor/publisher? :-)

des

des
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 10:27 am:   

There is now a pdf version of the On-Novel entitled THE HAWLER - the first separate novel in the THE TENACITY OF FEATHERS trilogy-in-progress-on-line. If interested please write to bfitzworth@yahoo.co.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Tenacity Of Feathers

www.weirdmonger.com

des
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 05:50 am:   

PDF of THE HAWLER is free, btw.

Now halfway through KLAXON CITY, starting here:
http://weirdmonger.blog-city.com/klaxon_city_part_one.htm

To go with the term 'Print-on-Reading' as the above publishing method -- which I continue to maintain is not self-publishing but the facilitation of publishing (for otherwise uncommercial or 'acquired taste' novels) at the decision of the reader -- I have also invented the term 'On-Novel' to describe this phenomenon in its pre-publication stage.

des

des
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 09:45 am:   

Following queries, the above effectively means what it says - that anyone can print it and sell it. I am only keen to avoid any taint that it was ever *self*-published in print.

For a work that I consider to be uncommercial or of a narrow acquired taste, someone printing it and selling it for their own financial benefit would indeed be a benefit to me as it would get the novel out there and prove to me that I was wrong about its potential appeal.

des

des
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 11:20 am:   

And, oh yes, I forgot, another thing to factor in - another weight in the balance regarding what I've said here and elsewhere - is that THE HAWLER (and the on-going trilogy of which it is part: THE TENACITY OF FEATHERS) is about bird 'flu and I want it printed before what it's about kills us all.
des
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Tenacity Of Feathers

www.weirdmonger.com

des
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 06:44 am:   

A 2005 Novel. Free PDF of THE HAWLER available. Write to bfitzworth@yahoo.co.uk if you want it. If you don't read it, you won't have read it.

SPOILER: I posted part 28 of KLAXON CITY today on Blog-City where important matters begin to be revealed.

des

des
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 02:24 am:   

ANNOUNCEMENT
This very day, I posted the final part of the separate novel entitled KLAXON CITY:
www.weirdmonger.com

The third self-contained novel (entitled 'THE ANGEL MEGAZANTHUS') in 'THE TENACITY OF FEATHERS' trilogy will only be available for reading if it is accepted for traditional publication as a book, following similar publication in turn for 'THE HAWLER' and 'KLAXON CITY'.

des
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 02:28 am:   

I hope the above will happen, although I am myself not taking any positive action towards this end, ie by submitting the works to agents or publishers one by one.

First come, first served. Or at least, first come, first contract considered. :-)

des

des
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 07:25 am:   

I also should make it clear that 'THE HAWLER' and 'KLAXON CITY' would be removed from free readership on the internet, should they be contracted for publication. And the novels - 'THE HAWLER', 'KLAXON CITY' and 'THE ANGEL MEGAZANTHUS' - do not necessarily all require publication by the same publishing organisation.

Word Documents of 'THE HAWLER' and 'KLAXON CITY' are currently available to publishers who wish to consider publishing them.
des

des
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 02:37 am:   

Last post about this for a while. I know that this experiment of mine is bound to fail. But I wanted to try it. The two self-contained novels 'The Hawler' and 'Klaxon City' will remain on the internet for the foreseeable future. I am currently working on the third self-contained novel ('The Angel Megazanthus') in the trilogy. This should be finished shortly but will not be put on the internet.

If anyone would like to review 'The Hawler' (Word Doc or PDF doc available), they will receive (when the review appears) BOTH a full set of NEMONYMOUS and a copy of the aesthetic Prime trade paperback entitled WEIRDMONGER, until stocks last. There should be enough Weirdmongers for ten reviews! All will be signed by me, if required. This is to compensate for the reviewer not receiving a hard copy of THE HAWLER and the review can, of course, be praising, critical or indifferent!!

des

des
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 04:53 am:   

Glad to see that 'The Tenacity of Feathers' and 'Klaxon City' are unique phrases (according to Google). 'The Hawler' is not unique because there is a place called Hawler in Kurdistan.
des
htpp://www.weirdmonger.com

des
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 04:55 am:   

And the "megazanthus" in 'The Angel Megazanthus' has always been unique. No google hits for 'Nemonymous' and 'Megazanthus' before I invented Nemonymous in 2001 - now look at them!
des

des
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 04:30 am:   

Being a born again fictionist, I hope putting a happy ending on my trilogy about Bird Flu - will mean just that.

Fiction as faith.

des

des
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 10:59 am:   

I am conscious that what I have done is more confusing than I intended. To summarise.

There is a trilogy called THE TENACITY OF FEATHERS comprising three self-contained but connected novels entitled THE HAWLER, KLAXON CITY and THE ANGEL MEGAZANTHUS.

THE HAWLER and KLAXON CITY are posted on the internet with their raw text, in a method I have called Publication-on-Reading (not self-publication) - ie published by *reader* in whatever format he desires and however many copies he desires, as long as the text is intact and unchanged and has 'by DF Lewis' at the beginning of each novel.

THE ANGEL MEGAZANTHUS is written and ready to read but will not be posted on the internet. A traditional publisher may eventually publish this third novel, but only if the previous two novels have both been *traditionally* published in print beforehand. I am not expecting this to happen, but I hope it does.

Any questions? :-)

des

des
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:48 am:   

I hereby declare that "*reader*" in the 3rd paragraph of the formal statement above includes a publisher if he happens also to be a reader.
des

des
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:42 am:   

Just a short note to say there is an easy navigation of my two novels THE HAWLER and KLAXON CITY here:

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration