Klaxon City Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Lewis, D.F. » Klaxon City « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 08:57 am:   

Now started a new novel (a sequel to THE HAWLER) here:
http://weirdmonger.blog-city.com/klaxon_city_part_one.htm

I have also started two other sequels to 'The Hawler' but will not start blogging them until I've completed the blogging of KLAXON CITY.

These are called CRAZY LOPE AND GODSPANKER and THE ANGEL MEGAZANTHUS.
des

des
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 06:35 am:   

Part two today! This is starting fast, but will be slower than the blogging of THE HAWLER!

des

des
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 06:26 am:   

I'm now witnessing enormous traffic (in numbers of anonymous hits) coming to both THE HAWLER and KLAXON CITY. Can you please stagger your visits so that pressure is taken off the sites.

Now completed part nine of KC to go with the 50 parts of TH.
des

www.weirdmonger.com

des
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 05:02 am:   

If you ever reach Part Ten of KLAXON CITY as I did today, you're sure to go mad, as I have just done!

Hardly any feedback yet on either novel. And I take it from that they're receiving a cool reception, if anyone reads them at all. I'm told nobody reads novels on the Internet. (I certainly don't!).

However, I am particularly proud of these novels; and if you've enjoyed my stories in the past, you'll enjoy these novels more! Please see Peter Tennant's 1998 review of AGRA ASKA at the bottom of the page here:
http://members.fortunecity.com/elizabethbowen/
as 'Agra Aska' is an influence on these two novels, as is Nemonymous.

However, I've just been involved in a discussion on another thread about the objectivity of a writer about his own work. These internet-published novels are probably rubbish.

des
http://www.weirdmonger.com

des
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 07:50 am:   

The third novel is to be entitled THE ANGEL MEGAZANTHUS (already in preparation).

Probably end up as a trilogy as I now intend not to write a fourth one entitled 'Crazy Lope and Godspanker'.

And I'd like to thank all those people who did not buy sufficient copies of "Nemonymous" ... thus persuading me to fold it and, subsequently, in hindsight, giving me the time and energy to receive the impetus to write these novels...
des

des
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 08:27 am:   

Finally, another reason to be freely blogging these novels - I think they are about concepts not handled before in fiction - dream sickness, bird flew, dream stewarding etc - and I wanted them up before anyone else inadvertently tapped into the same streams and produced similarly themed novels before me.

Please note the date above.
des

des
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 06:36 am:   

My completed novel THE HAWLER (94,000 words of pure DFLery!) and my novel in progress KLAXON CITY (currently up to part 15) are still receiving many hits. Not sure if many people are actually reading them, though!

But who would have thought DFL would have written a novel, let alone a prospective trilogy of them (ending with THE ANGEL MEGAZANTHUS in due course)? Let alone provided them for free on the Internet for reading or downloading!

Well, it's the only place you may likely ever see them. Enjoy them for Christmas. Not that they are exactly Christmassy!

des

des
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 05:26 am:   

The way it has been developing, I reckon that KLAXON CITY will be a better (or less worse) novel than THE HAWLER. Part 33 of KC posted today.
des

des
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 07:14 am:   

I don't like my grammar above! Can anything be 'less worse'?
des

des
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 12:58 am:   

Many have crticised me privately (in varying shades of friendliness or sternness) about the publishing of my first set of novels - ie. by self-publishing *and* via on-line in a state of free raw text.

However, I always say, in response, that these novels would not exist at all without this method of writing them - but whether they are worth existing is quite another matter (and beyond my own judgement).
des

Mr Sock
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 04:00 am:   

Please, please, please put a sock in it.

des
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 04:26 am:   

I'll put in a sock in the next chapter. I posted part 84 of 'The Tenacity of Feathers' (aka part 34 of 'Klaxon City') today, so look out for the sock you requested in the next part within the next few days.
des

des
Posted on Monday, January 16, 2006 - 08:38 am:   

I've now done part 35 - with two socks!
des

des
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 08:55 am:   

Those who've now reached the second novel (Klaxon City) will realise this is not a trilogy but a feather-trichology!
See www.weirdmonger.com for free navigation.
des

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration