My Huge Project (& prize) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Lewis, D.F. » My Huge Project (& prize) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

des
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 07:57 am:   

Comments would be welcome on my huge project.

For nine months now, I've been gradually showing my previously print-published stories for free on the internet -- growing eventually to well over a thousand stories. They have been through at least one independent editorial filter (i.e when they were first print-published between 1986-2000).

They are genuinely free (no questions asked) and hopefully enjoyable. Even as a phenomenon (without reading them), they're worth a glance, perhaps!

The address for the amazingly long contents list:
http://tinyurl.com/6rn47

If more people want to join in and give web space for this well-trafficked project, please contact me.

Also, if anyone can report any typos amongst the massive amount of text (and there are bound to be some), I'd be very grateful. I'm giving a prize of a free 'Weirdmonger' book for the *first* person who discovers my deliberate typo: 'cathdral' instead of 'cathedral' in one of the stories in this project. There is no time limit on this but it needs to be reported to my email address: bfitzworth@yahoo.co.uk and the winner will be the first email I receive with the correct answer.

des
www.weirdmonger.com

des
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 09:15 am:   

I know it'll bring the value down, but the beautiful WEIRDMONGER book (with dubious contents!) will be signed to the winner.
des

Rhys
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 09:39 am:   

Des, you can post a story on my blog, if you like. E-mail me and I'll give you my password.

des
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 11:21 am:   

I'm honoured and staggered that you would trust me with your blog, Rhys, to put a DFL story there! Thanks!! But, as with other sites I've used, I'd prefer for me to send you the story and you post it: then I link to it from http://tinyurl.com/6rn47

BTW, someone on another thread elsewhere says I'm completely insane even attempting this project! But it seems a natural progression from those heady days of the Nineties; and it's hopefully also publicity for the incredibly beautiful 'Weirdmonger' book (even with its dubious contents!) :-)
des

des
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 11:46 pm:   

Just wanted to confirm that Tanya in Canada has won the above prize by being the first to spot 'cathdral' in "The Piano-Player Has No Fingers (No. 1)" (Palace Corbie 1996) which is posted on SITE TEN.

She also thanked me for "for the hours of reading enjoyment this evening." Thanks, Tanya.
des

T Andrews
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 04:49 am:   

Woo-hoo!:-)

(And what a zinger of a story you hid your typo in, Des! I read it twice last night and it begs another reading...Creepy!)

des
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 05:15 am:   

Well, I'm now offering a small prize for discovering the Numinous Megazanthus contents list web-link without my help. Free stories previously published in print - growing to become the biggest contents list in the world ... maybe!

(BTW, once you get to the contents list there has always been mention of a further more secret site of previously published stories of a special nature (only known to those who reach the first contents list!) plus two further sites showing loads and loads of new unpublished stories (many just written)).

des
http://www.nemonymous.com (for details)

des
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 04:31 am:   

Re above, some of you (as much as I have, too), will spot, like Classical Music compositions, transposable themes or even tranches of text amid this giant accretion of previously published stories:
http://www.augusthog.esmartguy.com/

Four prizes of free copies of Nemonymous Five for the first four who come back to this thread with examples of above.

My decision is final. :-)
des

des
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 11:14 am:   

Could people who want to post here on the DF Lewis or Nemonymous threads anonymously but still want to be considered for the various prizes etc, could they please register their nemonyms with me at bfitzworth@yahoo.co.uk
des

des
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 11:50 pm:   

No entrants, so no winners of that competition.
des

For the future, the only way to receive a free copy of the Nemonymous 5 anthology is to write an Amazon review (good, bad or indifferent) of the 'Weirdmonger' book. Otherwise details on how to receive it is on www.nemonymous.com - and if I say so myself (and the very few people who have already received it agree) its look is quite astonishing!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration