Old Phi Taus never die . . . Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Witcover, Paul » Old Phi Taus never die . . . « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Raylius
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 07:36 pm:   

. . . they just get found in Google searches 25 years later

There's a whole fan club out here of former W&M Unit K residents.

paulw
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 10:11 am:   

Hey cool -- now I know who's responsible for buying my books! Friends, I knew. Family, I knew. But I had factored out old fraternity brothers!

I feel like I should know immediately who you are, Raylius, but I'm drawing a blank -- help me out here!

raylius
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 12:22 pm:   

Hi Paul,

No need to grab the Ginkgo. I think if we met it would have been briefly here and there since I was a freshman fall of 81. I've taken on the unofficial role of virtual archivist and reunion co-organizer (and general person-tracker-downer). Although Carol (Nelson) Pilgrim gets credit for finding you. Shoot me an email at raylius@raylius.com and I'll forward you all the details re reunion, website, blog, etc. Neil Weinberg and Bob Culp are here in NY as well as me. I'm sure Brian and Carol would love to hear from you. I've got a ton of email addresses.

Hope all is well.

Carol Pilgrim
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 09:23 am:   

Gee Paul - so you're saying that old fraternity BROTHERS are neither friends nor family? Seems harsh!
Carol

paulw
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 11:01 am:   

Hi Carol!

The last I remember seeing you, I was in a state such that it's a miracle I remember it at all! Which goes for a lot of my Phi Tau days, come to think of it. Raylius gave me your email, so I'll be getting in touch to catch up with you and Brian.

Old fraternity brothers (and sisters!) occupy a category unto themselves.

JC Shakespeare
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 07:01 pm:   

Hi Paul,

JC ("Chris") Shakespeare here, an old Phi Tau who arrived in fall of 1980, apparently right after you left. A lot of us talked about being writers, but it appears you've done it -- good show!

I have reams of unpublished stuff, and I'm continuing to add to it, and one of these days a plot may emerge -- they say novelists don't hit their stride until their 50s (although I think it's probably old hacks like Updike & Roth that started that rumor) so I've got a couple of years left.

I look forward to finding the time to delve into yer fiction, though I'm currently in grad school and reading time is scarce. So, for a NEOPHYTE to the Bootsy world, what do you recommend first?

If you haven't already, check out the blog at
<l> www.xphitau.blogspot.com </l>

Lots of good stuff on there!

Hope to cross paths soon,
jcs

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration