Wonderlusts Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Hughes, Rhys » Wonderlusts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mastadge
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 09:49 am:   

What is this book?

Rhys
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 06:47 am:   

It's an anthology of international 'magic realist' love stories...

However, it's on hold at the moment, as a protest against the publisher -- the same publisher who is supposed to be issuing my novel THE PERCOLATED STARS this week, but who still hasn't...

Until he publishes my novel I'm not doing any more work for him. Therefore I'm on strike...

However, rather than waste a whole new thread on that downbeat note, let's take something positive out of the word 'Wonderlusts'...

What things do you wonder? And what lusts do you have? What are you wonderlusts today??? Tell me one wonder and one lust.

I'll go first.

(1) I am wondering why trees don't get 'deep vein thrombosis' even though they don't move all day.

(2) I am lusting for Skye Edwards, lead singer of Morcheeba.

How about you?

Rhys
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 03:27 am:   

So nobody else wonders about anything or feels any lust at any time?

How curious...

Mastadge
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 04:33 am:   

Well, a few months ago I saw a squirrell up a tree munching a bagel, and I've been wondering ever since how that squirrell managed to get that bagel up the tree. Squirrells climb with all four feet. If it wore the bagel necklace-style or inner-tube-style, it wouldn't've been able to climb. If it had held it in its mouth, not only would it have to have had a squirrell's equivalent of a bull-neck, but a very limber one, too. Did it perhaps thread its tail through the bagel's hole to get it up? I don't know, but I sure wonder.

I lust for Kathryn. Also I love her.

Christina Sng
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 06:08 pm:   

Hi Rhys,

Any news on Wonderlusts yet?

Cheers,
Christina

Bowen Mendenhall
Posted on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 08:50 pm:   

I've been wondering why my favorite writer insists on being both prolific and obscure. I think the answer is, "So college students will spend all of their meal money on importing books from England."

I've been lusting after a girl I met last week named Bomi. She's the only woman I've ever met who's read Illuminatus!. She's also a hobo and is hopping a train out of town on Tuesday. Hopefully she will return my copy of Watchmen before she leaves.

Yours in incongruity,
Bowen

steve r
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 05:34 am:   

This seemed the only thread even remotely connected with the following bit of information.

When Izzy left Torquay, she left behind...well, you know. Not Japanese, but with a written aromatic guarantee.

So what am I bid?

steve r
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 05:35 am:   

PS.

Wonderlusts is dead, I suppose?

Rhys
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 04:33 am:   

Hello again Steve!

Yes, it seems that WONDERLUSTS is now a dead project… Well, maybe not, actually. It depends.

The publisher who accepted the project – Razorblades – has recently gone belly up, or at least is about to. This doesn’t surprise me, and in fact I think it’s a good thing, because it was such a totally incompetent business that the only purpose it served was to torment writers with false hope.

Therefore WONDERLUSTS is absolutely not going to be published in its original form.

However I am looking for alternative publishers now. So there’s a possibility that the project will not only be resurrected but turn out to be superior to its original conception.

Fingers crossed!

steve r
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 07:46 am:   

Oh shucks, hope the belly doesn't float before my moving study of Jesus (and Jesus and Jesus and...), Hot Cross Son, comes out in `'Bible Black'! It's the one story where I think I almost managed to do a rhys-story!

Fingers indeed crossed for Wonderlusts.

Luís
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 02:01 pm:   

Does that mean I'm still on time to translate that Lolita story for you, Rhys? I'm halfway through, I just stopped because I didn't think I could make the March 2003 deadline.

Rhys
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 08:22 am:   

Still on time, Luis! I appreciate that you are exceptionally busy at the present time, so don't rush! I need to find a new publisher for the anthology first anyway!

Steve: I believe that BIBLE BLACK will still be published. I gather that it will be the last book issued by Razorblades.

steve r
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 08:44 am:   

Ah ha!
Strange, they started off so well...

Neil A
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 08:44 am:   

Rhys, for Magical Realist Love Stories, maybe try Flame Books. www.flamebooks.com (steve can tell you all about them.)

I'm lusting after wonder.

Rhys
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 05:57 am:   

OK, Steve: tell me all about them.

I really ought to get my rear in gear and move this project forward!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration