Best Comic Fantasy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Hughes, Rhys » Best Comic Fantasy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

n/a
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 07:25 am:   

Rhys, Steve:

Re-arranged a few copies of this face-up for Christmas shoppers in Covent Garden's Books Etc. Will pick up a copy come payday.

Rhys
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 02:52 am:   

Thanks n/a (whoever you are!)... The first copy of that book I saw for sale was in a bookshop in Lisbon three weeks ago. I haven't seen any copies for sale here in Madrid yet, but you never know!

I am utterly delighted to be published in the same book as Maurice Richardson. I never really thought that would ever happen!

AT
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 03:55 pm:   

Do say, I say cravingly. Details, please.

steve red
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2005 - 11:23 am:   

"I am utterly delighted to be published in the same book as..." and then instead of my name came that Richardson chappie! Give me back those fifteen Spanish girls' telephone numbers at once!

Your lentils tried to walk out of the flat (either they've developed feet or SOMETHING within them has developed feet) but I caught them and continue gobbling them. Now if I could find a woman who cooked as well as you...

steve red
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2005 - 11:30 am:   

n/a , I shall reward you with lentils... what was your address? (if they can walk, I guess they could also swim...)
Yes, it was a rather large saucepan.

AT, your sentence reminds me of Flann O`Brien: "..the Lord forbid, but you must be folowing me detectively.." or "what was he doing perceptively?"

neil a
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 02:00 am:   

It was I, Neil A.

Steve, you can keep your Spanish lentils. You probably have more need of them. Besides, I don't think I've the room. They may take root and sprout into lentil-trees.

Rhys
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 11:10 am:   

Well I was told to cook for six people... so I made a lot of food.

OK I made too much. The second curry was not bad though.

streve r
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 11:10 am:   

Ah, 'twas thee, Neil A, not non/applicable!
The lentils, I fear, are now in a bad way. They were a year past expiry date when Rhys cooked them. I heard keening sounds coming from the saucepan during the night. Back to biscuits again, I guess.

steve redwood
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   

Did Mammoth Book of Comic Fantasy ever get reviewed┐ Mike A thought the lack of reviews might be down to stupid title, the same as the previous incarnation four years ago, and people would therefore not even realise the book was new. As for publicity, the small presses do it much better, no?

Rhys
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 04:15 am:   

Hi Steve.

It probably didn't get reviewed because I was in it -- and the secret cartel who oppose me always do their best to ensure I don't get reviews or win awards, etc.

But don't worry -- I thought it was a good book. It had Maurice Richardson in it!

steve r
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 01:27 pm:   

Damn - I'd forgotten the cartel!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration