Romance with Capsicum Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Hughes, Rhys » Romance with Capsicum « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mastadge
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 01:53 pm:   

Does anyone know where (or if) it's possible to find a copy of ROMANCE WITH CAPSICUM anywhere? Because I'm finding this one even harder to track down than WORMING THE HARPY. . .

des
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 02:40 pm:   

I've got a copy. A green chapbook published in 1995 by Wyrd Press in UK. I imagine it's out of print now. Rhys may know more, of course. des

GabrielM
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 09:37 pm:   

I have one as well. Bought if off ebay a couple of years ago. You might want to check there from time to time.

Rhys
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 02:16 am:   

Er... it's not very good and not worth pursuing! I don't even have a copy myself. But I have an electronic version which I can e-mail to anyone who really wants it...

Mastadge
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:13 am:   

eek! I just took a look at what I wrote here yesterday, and I can't believe my eyes. Erm, just pretend that "anywhere" is "anymore," and it should be okay.

Rhys, that would be fantastic! If you would, my e-mail address is blumenfeldn@hartwick.edu

Thanks!

Stuff
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 07:05 am:   

Rhys, I'd receive a copy of it with great joy. I feel like I'm cheating seeing as it wasn't me who asked but I'll seize the opportunity if I can.

stuff_hutchinson@hotmail.com should be considered a repository for this and all such "unworthy to pursue" items. Ahem.

Stuff

Rhys
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 07:36 am:   

Well I'm flattered and I'll e-mail it when I get the chance. Unfortunately I can't say when that will be. It's not possible while I'm travelling around Andalucía and Morocco, but when I go back to Madrid I'll certainly do it!

A much better chapbook is due out soon and it will be extremely inexpensive -- it's called THE SKELETON OF CONTENTION and will be available from D Press. It features nine stories selected without much rhyme or reason from between 1992 and 2004.

I guess I'm hoping that one day all my chapbooks will be published together in a proper book called COLLECTED CHAPBOOKS. Whether this ever happens or not is wholly unknown to me!

Once again, thanks for your interest!

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 08:59 am:   

THE SKELETON OF CONTENTION. Teehee.

What other chapbooks are there besides Capsicum and In Praise of Ridicule?

Bowen Mendenhall
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 04:29 pm:   

I would appreciate an electronic copy of Romance with Capsicum too, if it's no inconvenience, at bmendenh@ucsc.edu

Rhys
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 04:33 am:   

Seems that THE SKELETON OF CONTENTION is nearly ready! Yippee! Details soon...

I'll get cracking on that electronic version of ROMANCE WITH CAPSICUM too (sorry for the delay!!!)

Ronan Pronost
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 12:04 am:   

Hello Rhys,

I'd kill to have a copy of the e-version of ROMANCE WITH CAPSICUM at the following address (or would I?):
pronost@shom.fr

Thanks

Rhys
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 01:49 am:   

Thanks Ronan. I needed that memory jolt. I'm such a procrastinator!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration