DISEASE GUIDE IS HUGO RUNNER-UP: PREP... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric & Discredited Diseases » DISEASE GUIDE IS HUGO RUNNER-UP: PREPARED TO ASSUME HUGO DUTIES SHOULD WINNER FALTER « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JV
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 08:27 am:   

The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric & Discredited Diseases finished second in the Hugo balloting.

This means that should the Chelsea (sic) art book that won be unable to perform its duties and attend to its responsibilities in the coming year as a Hugo winner, the disease guide will be prepared to step in and assume those duties and responsibilities.

Say, should nude photos of the art book be published in Playboy.

Stuck in Boston due to the hurricane, I remain,

Dr. Jeff VanderMeer (suffering from a rare disease known as "still finding it hilarious the disease guide was a Hugo finalist but grateful")

mike bishop
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 10:36 am:   

Hope you get home safely. Meanwhile, you're probably better off, as weird as it feels to say this, in Boston, Doctor (at least until Charlie blows on through).

EricS
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 03:54 pm:   

Nothing like a little enforced R and R.

Dr Haliburton Duncan
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 01:50 am:   

Fix! Fix, I say. And thrice fix! Just how edifying is this "art" book? How enlightening? How healthy? An "art" book, indeed! Oh, yes. I'm quite familiar with such things, these Scandinavian "art" books slutting themselves in the fleshpots of Amsterdam or Bangkok (and never was a city more aptly named) or, indeed, in Shuggy's Shags in the East End of Glasgow, vile and pernicious place that it is, with its extensive stock of Goatherd Gang-Bang only 4.99 per issue.

My dear Dr VanderMeer, what can I say? Why, I would write a stern letter to the Times in complaint, but for the fact that I can barely express my apoplexy in any more coherent form than spluttering outrage.

Chelsea, you say? Well, I hope their cricket team receives a sound thrashing when they next play. I for one shall most certainly be boycotting the Flower Show next year!

mike b.
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 12:26 pm:   

Should have said Francis rather than Charlie, of course. Anyway, hope you're soon home safely, if you aren't already.

Tamar
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 01:02 pm:   

Jeff: Working on the faked Playboy photos as we speak.

Have a safe trip home.

Stepan Chapman
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 03:11 pm:   

We were THAT close.

JV
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 03:30 pm:   

Yes. All we needed were 12 more doctors.

The disease guide reading at the con was a huge success, by the way, Dr. Chapman, with Dr. Di Filippo taking up your role.

I should add--I think we are a shoe-in for the Retro Hugos 2004, to be voted on, no doubt, in 2040. Most of us will be dead of Dr. Cisco's anti-typhoid by then.

JeffV

Jay Caselberg
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 04:39 am:   

Dr. VanderMeer. It is clear that not only you, but the public hate me as well.

Yrs.
Dr. Caselberg.

JV
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 05:53 am:   

I think the only clear thing is that you are suffering from Paranoid Toad Brain, Dr. Caselberg.

JeffV

Jay Caselberg
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 08:47 am:   

Ahhhhhh, the trepanning didn't work, dammit.

JC

Tobe Rinkler
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 06:03 am:   

Well, even if it didn't win the Hugo, there's always the Hugo...(we've got our fingers crossed crossed)
--Worsley's Supplement Support Group (Long Island Chapters)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration