HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

What is the best SF e-workshop? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » What is the best SF e-workshop? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

LHoney
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 05:19 pm:   

Anyone,

What is the best workshop on-line for SF stories? I mostly write novelet length SF stories, usually with a hard SF element. I like to think my stories are pretty good, but the magazine people don't seem to agree. So I guess the only thing to do is put them out to an audience of other writers for critique.

All comments appreciated.

Laurie

Bob
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 09:31 am:   

Well, I put my stuff up at Milk of Medusa. Don't mind the name, none of us are sure just what exactly it's supposed to mean.

Rob Eubanks
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 09:56 am:   

Good lord! Talk about a hacked up design. Nothing personal, but lots of 404s and i only found the forums by clicking randomly on any/everything.

i'll check out the forum though!

Simon Owens
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 11:12 am:   

If you have any professional sales, you can apply to get into Codex at www.codexwriters.com

All your stories will be critiqued by other professional writers who have at least one pro sale.

K. Sedia
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 01:01 pm:   

I guess I'll do the obligatory plug for critters -- www.critters.org. It is a well-run workshop, and even though you may have to wait a little until your stuff gets critiqued, I think it's a worthwhile enterprise.

John Schoffstall
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 06:48 pm:   

And I will do the obligatory plug for OWW. US$49 a year, and worth it, IMO. Also includes an active mailing list, staff to help solve problems, and occasional special stuff. For example, we recently did a two week on-line plotting workshop led by James van Pelt, that was very good. I've subscribed to OWW for the last year, and I'm re-upping.

Jean-Loup Benet
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 12:00 pm:   

The Shocklines Writers Group is starting up again. I was involved in this group the first go-round. It was a great group of pros and semi-pros, who gave some excellent advice.
http://p082.ezboard.com/fshocklinesforumfrm10

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register