HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Harry Potter Madness Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Harry Potter Madness « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JeffV
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 09:29 pm:   

Ann and I went down to the local B&N to witness the Harry Potter madness. The mall parking lot was packed. The kids and adults had destroyed the magazine and children's sections. There was no way we could get a book.

So, instead, we waited outside. A kid came out, probably all of nine years old. A little girl with braces. As per our pre-arranged plan, Ann distracted her with some glitter and a pinwheel. Then I snatched the book out of the girl's hands and ran for it while Ann hightailed it back to the car. The girl was screaming her head off, but luckily, there were so many people around I lost myself in the crowd. Ann then drove round to pick me up. I was hiding where we'd planned for me to.

It all went off without a hitch. Another successful midnight Potter party for us.

Jeff V.

Liz Williams
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 12:28 am:   

Well done, Jeff. I ripped a burger out of some kid's fingers the other day - it's cheaper than buying lunch. Yeah, they howl, but it teaches them a valuable lesson about life.

Tomorrow: how to steal milk from kittens.

JeffV
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 05:33 am:   

Heh. I once thought of a comic book series with a superhero who went around town helping bullies in school yards at recess.

Well, in all honesty--it was great to see so many people so intensely excited about a book!

Jeff

SAVE GOF!
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 11:06 pm:   

All you Potter Fans out there, we need your help!

We need to network, network, network and get the word out about what Warner Brothers is planning with the 4th movie, Goblet of Fire. The petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/hpgofv2/petition.html is getting lots of signatures, but time is running out! The 2 ½ hour screenplay has been commissioned already... so if we are going to change their minds, we have very little time to do it. We are planning to send the petition names and comments to Warner Brothers Movie Production office the first week of November.

So… this is the plan: put campaign buttons everywhere. What is a campaign button? It's a link to our petition, or to the SaveGOF website (www.savegof.com). It can be made to look like a real campaign button; examples can be found on the Buttons section of the website. Be creative! Make buttons and post them on your websites, and ask Webmasters to put up a button, or just a normal link to the SaveGOF petition or website. They can be posted on all websites: Harry Potter sites, entertainment-oriented sites, kids’ sites, educational sites, you name it.

We need your help… only together, as united HP fans, can we get enough momentum going to make Warner Brothers reconsider their decision. Thanks everybody for your help. We can do this!

SaveGOF!

Mastadge
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 06:37 am:   

What decision are we trying to make them reconsider?

JV
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 06:45 am:   

Making the movie, I guess. Please, don't make the movie, Warner Brothers. Pretty please.

JeffV

StephenB
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 06:52 am:   

I didn't like the harry potter movies, so I'm not too concerned anyway.

Cornelius Kappabani
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 06:51 am:   

Yeah,
the Harry 'otter publisher are indeed mad!
They got security guards in the press while making the german editions of Plarry Dotter.
Well, I guess it doesn't keep the secret of live so - as far as I can see it's just a childrens book, nothing else.
But like it is with the greates imposter of all -Tolkien - it became quiet a dance around the golden calf.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register