HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Stoker Prelim vampire story "The Good...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Stoker Prelim vampire story "The Good Part": Free download from TrunkStories.com « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trunk Stories
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 02:13 pm:   

Carole Lanham's unique vampire story "The Good Part" has made the preliminary Stoker ballot in the short fiction category (http://www.horror.org/stokerballots.htm).

The story is character-based, has a very unique setting and voice and will stick with you long after you read it.

Here's what people are saying:

"A very different vampire story. The relationship between siblings is the focus of the story, and what makes it exceptional....A satisfying and thought-provoking read." -TangentOnline.com

"Simply yet powerfully told. There were passages that seized me, trapping me in a dreamlike state." -Whispers of Wickedness

"Chilling" -sfrevu.com

"Well told and deeply unsettling. the youth of the protagonists [introduces] an unreal quality and notes of tragedy. Not an easy read, at the end of the day, but a worthwhile one." -Futurefire.net

"A fresh angle on the vampire myth...gently and originally told" -SciFantastic

I'd like to get this story into the hands of as many readers as possible, so I'm providing a free pdf of the story (an excerpt from Trunk Stories #3):

http://trunkstories.com/GoodPart.pdf

Please read and pass along.

William Smith (editor, Trunk Stories)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |