HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Astronomy workshop for writers (surve...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Astronomy workshop for writers (survey) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vylar Kaftan
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 10:57 am:   

I'm posting this on behalf of Mike Brotherton. He's been working on this project for a while, and I think it sounds like a neat workshop. If you have a few minutes to fill out the survey, that would help him a great deal. (If you have questions or want to explain your answers better, his email address is in the message.)

I'm trying to get funds out of NASA for an annual two-week workshop in Wyoming that will be for teaching writers more about astronomy, in order to improve the quality and quantity of astronomy in fiction. There will be an overnight trip to a 2.3 meter telescope, hands-on exercises processing Hubble images, and more. Costs will be held as low as possible, with full rides and more for qualified writers.

I was unsuccessful with this last year, and the panel wanted to have some information that there was actually a market for the workshop. Please take five minutes and complete a survey that will help me address this issue in the new proposal. Please pass this onto other writers you might know.

Here is the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=740391854986

Thanks!
Mike Brotherton

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |