HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Haffner Press Editions...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Haffner Press Editions... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Earl Dean
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 01:40 pm:   

Can anyone tell me the titles of all the Edmond Hamilton books published by Haffner Press?

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 10:02 pm:   

THE VAMPIRE MASTER, and STARK AND THE STAR KINGS

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bx=off&sts=t&ds=30&bi=0&pn=Haf fner&an=hamilton&y=0&x=0&sortby=2

Am I missing any?

http://www.haffnerpress.com/ is another good resource.

Earl Dean
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 12:34 pm:   

Thanks for the heads-up on these books. I can't help feeling like there were one or two earlier ones. If they exist, one of them might have had Antares or something in the title, but maybe this hasn't happened. I haven't seen them on the used book sites yet.

Ed S.
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 12:46 pm:   

KALDAR WORLD OF ANTARES, 1998, 300 copies. Three fantasy adventure stories from the 1930's, two from Magic Carpet and one from Weird Tales.

Ed S.
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 12:49 pm:   

Forgot to say that the reason I know this is because I sold my copy on eBay a couple months ago. A rare title because of the small print run.

Earl Dean
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   

Man, response time is quick on here. I threw up a hail mary on yahoo about this just now and it came back with the book you mentioned. Now I'm back here and you've answered my query. Thanks for helping. I've got an email in to Haffner to see if they can give me a comprehensive list of the titles they've published, both in- and out-of-print.

Ed S.
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 01:38 pm:   

According to Owings & Chalker's The Science Fantasy Publishers, Jack Williamson's Queen of the Legion (1998, 300 copies) was their first book, followed by that Kaldar title the same year, then 4 large Jack Williamson collections over the next few years (1999-2001) with another Hamilton title Vampire Master mixed in there in 2000. I don't think there was much after that until recently.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |