HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

TQR -- new market seeking submissions

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » TQR -- new market seeking submissions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jetse
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 03:00 am:   

TQR -- a new, quirky online magazine -- is looking for submissions.

Guidelines here and here. Their current window for submissions is until February 15, they take email subs, and they pay $50 (and I can personally guarantee that they do).

Take note that I *am* biased, because in their premier issue they have published one of my stories (hence that I can say that they pay cash on the barrelhead...)

Nevertheless, they are receiving not enough submissions. Check out Theodore Q. Rorschalk's message:

quote:

Ten days into the new quarter, weíve received 15 new ventures. If my math is correct, thatís an average of 1.5 pieces per day, and thatís not good.

Keep in mind that their story selection process, and general look and presentation is a very idiosyncratic one. But you can check the stories of the current issue here, and decide for yourself.

Also, do feel free -- espcially after reading stories of the current issue -- to drop by on the public part of their forum: The Pub, or check progress with their "vetting process" on the rest of their Forum.

A certain, quirky sense of humour is not required, but it sure helps!

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 08:59 am:   

What a bizarre site! Lots of luck to em.

Ted Rorschalk
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:28 am:   

I'll take that bizarre over the sounds of silence TQR has been experiencing this 2nd quarter. Though it is probably an acquired taste, I hope we can win you over. As the Flying Dutchman, Jetse can attest, we try and expidite the process from submission to candidate to capital gain the best we can. We've had a few VC and their work fall through the cracks, but I have tried to be rigorous in my 'follow up' of said, with mostly satisfactory resolutions. Plus, if you are published, we pay cash on the nail or barrelhead or COD, whichever you prefer.

Nancy Jane
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 02:43 pm:   

I was going to check it out, but there seems to be a problem with the website. I keep being told the connection is refused. Ah, well. I need to be writing at the moment, not looking for places to submit.

Mary Robinette Kowal
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 10:17 am:   

I had the same problem yesterday, but it's up now.

Jetse
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 09:41 am:   

The good people of TQR have posted an interview with Paddy Ukai, one of the main characters in Tribal Convictions -- one of TQR's Capital Gains of the Winter quarter -- in their Insider Trading section. Funny and informative.

While you're there, take a look at Adam Denny's, Danny Rhodes's and Paul Finch's stories as well.

And do feel free to have a virtual drink, while delivering your comments, in their pub The Queen's Rump.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |