HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

New Science Fiction Book

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » New Science Fiction Book « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Sheridan
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:17 am:   

I recently read a new Science Fiction book that I found to be very entertaining. It's called The End of Time and is a thrill ride from start to finish. It can be found at www.broadbandproductions.tv or http://www.lulu.com/content/88904 which has a preview of the book.
Description: The darkness comes because it always does. Now its time has come again. The endless struggle between the forces of light and darkness wage on as one man's obsession to uncover the truth and save his long lost love, bring him face to face with the powers of creation. A quest that will test his strength of will, defy his sense of reality and decide the fate of the world. With billions of lives hanging in the balance, failure is not an option as the battle against the forces of evil begins. A war to prevent the holocaust that will send mankind back to the stone ages and enslave the world in darkness forever.

2 thumbs up

Angela H.
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:25 am:   

"The End Of Time is a new story based on an old idea: good versus evil, but Randall has made this a totally different story. It's a tale of two lovers torn apart by evil, the story of what man must suffer before he can know true happiness, the "truth" of why we are here. Overall, it is a good, fast paced story, with interesting characters, an epic battle and a satisfying ending. The often-written good versus evil story is done in an interesting enough way to make it stand out from other stories of a similar genre, and the plot moves with speed and it's hard to put it down."

DA
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:33 am:   

This excerpt tends to refute some of the good times noise above...

Dissenting Angel

It was one of those nights that you swear hell was coming down out of the heavens. A storm like no other came like a thief in the night. It was as if the darkness itself had come to terrorize mankind. Out of the darkness the alien ship came to call on Julie. For Julie it was worse than hell. It was the old nightmare that had been haunting her since childhood. Nightmares of fiendish alien creatures poking and prodding her while she screamed inside her mind with sheer terror. Her mind wanted to run and hide but her body would not obey. They told her only what they wanted her to believe and remember. They only came after she was asleep penetrating her deepest thoughts allowing her to be a silent victim of their evil schemes.
“Who are they? What do they want? Why are they doing this to me? Is it real or just a dream?” she said over and over in her mind.
She woke up screaming in a cold sweat, confused, frightened and with a great sense of helplessness. She felt like she had been through hell and back. Tiny marks on her right hand made her wonder. She remembered dark hideous images moving around her. She felt ill so she took a couple of aspirins and fell back to sleep. After waking she leaned over and vomited. She then called her long time friend Dr. Mitch Chase. It had been a while since they last spoke but she knew she could trust him. She picked up the phone and dialed his number. Smiling, she remembered the times they had spent together.
The phone rang twice at Dr. Chase's office and was answered by Cindy Wells, the receptionist, “Hello, Dr. Chase's office. How may I help you?”
Julie answered, “Hello, this is Julie Harris. I'd like to come in and see Dr. Chase. Can you squeeze me in this morning?”
Cindy replied, “Dr. Chase has a 10 a.m. cancellation. Would that be all right?”
Julie said, “Thank you. That will be fine. See you at 10.”
She entered Mitch's office and was greeted by Cindy the receptionist.
Julie said, “Hello. I'm Julie Harris. I have a 10 a.m. appointment.”
Cindy said, “Hello Ms. Harris. The doctor will be right with you. Please have a seat in our waiting area.”
A few moments later Dr. Chase entered the waiting area and greeted Julie, “Hi Julie it's good to see you. How are you feeling?”
Julie replied, “Not so good. I had another nightmare last night. I feel nauseous and I have this strange mark on my hand.”
Mitch said, “Come this way and we'll take a look at you. Betty will take some blood and we'll run some tests. I'll see you in a moment and we'll give you a thorough examination.”
After the examination they met in Mitch's office to discuss the results.
Mitch looked at Julie and said, “Julie you’re pregnant. As for the marks on your hand I'm not sure. I should have the results of your blood test by Wednesday.”
Julie became frightened and said, “I can't be pregnant. I haven't been with anybody for a long while. I'm scared Mitch. I'm not sure what is real anymore. I’ve had these nightmares often, ever since I was a little girl. I seem to remember more about my dream this time. I remember hideous creatures speaking to me in my mind. I believe these creatures are aliens and they abducted me. I feel so helpless. What should I do?”
Mitch said, “I'll give you something to help you sleep. Everything will work out all right. I'll call you as soon as I have the results of your blood test. Now go home and rest and don't worry. It's only a dream.”
Mitch wasn't sure what to make of her story. She had to have been with someone to be pregnant. They hugged each other and she returned home to rest.
On Wednesday the lab called Dr. Chase's office with the results of her blood test. The technician didn't know what to think. He had never seen anything like it. He explained to Dr. Chase what he had discovered. The sample was sent to Dr. Chase immediately.
Dr. Chase didn't know what to make of the results either. The results showed cells in her blood that were not human and a high concentration of a protein that could not be identified. Dr. Chase decided to give part of the sample to his college buddy Jack, who worked for the FBI in Washington D.C., for a DNA analysis. He called him up and they agreed to meet the next night.
Dr. Chase flew to Washington to meet with his friend. They met at Jack's office at FBI headquarters.
“Hey Jack how's it going? So what's been happening with you? Is life treating you well?” said Mitch.
Jack replied, “Things are great. My wife is expecting and I'm looking forward to being a new daddy. How about you?”
“Things are going well. My practice is doing well,” said Mitch defensively.
Jack laughed as he spoke. “Still haven't tied the knot? What are you waiting for?”
Mitch said, “I just haven't met the right woman. Someone I can connect with. You know?”
Jack said, “Yea, I know. So what do you have for me?”
Mitch explained that the blood sample had an unusual cellular composition and that the test had identified an unknown protein concentration and he needed further DNA analysis. Jack agreed to help him. Strictly on the QT. They planned to meet later that night at an all night diner.
Jack went to his lab to run the DNA analysis. While analyzing the sample, a computer terminal in a dark office was alerted that this particular DNA was being tested. Julie had been selected as a child to be genetically altered in stages to carry the child of Darkness. Security measures were established for the aliens to make sure that their dark deeds were carried out in secret. The information was relayed to an agency deep within the government, hiding under the guise of national security. Two agents were sent to investigate.
The agents were servants of Darkness and had been forced to receive the chip or mark of the Beast. They had been mind wiped and reprogrammed to obey without question. No feelings of love or mercy were found in them. They became emotionless, soulless drones.
The agents arrived at Jack's office and confronted him.
As they showed their identification badges Rogers said, “I'm Special Agent Rogers and this is Special Agent Richards. We are with the National Security Agency and we have to ask you to come with us. Our superiors want to ask you some questions about the tests you are conducting.”
Jack became frightened and said, “How did you know about the tests?”
Rogers replied, “That is unimportant. If you would please come with us we won't take up much of your time.”
Jack reluctantly went with them. Richards called in and a team of agents was sent to Jack's office to confiscate any evidence left behind.

OMR
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:34 am:   

She screamed inside her mind?

Old Man River

Anon
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 02:03 pm:   

"It was a dark and stormy night..."

Jeff Peery
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 02:09 pm:   

A storm like no other came like a thief in the night.

Hmmmmm. Either it is a sneaky storm or a very loud thief.

Lucius
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 02:20 pm:   

The thing is, NSA agents talk exactly like that. :-)

Jay Caselberg
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 04:12 pm:   

Wait, didn't I see that X-Files episode?

MarcL
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 10:25 am:   

I want to know if this book will increase my seminal fluid output 633%. Otherwise, why spam this board with it?

Bruce
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 06:49 pm:   

Nope. It'll increase your flatulence level though.
I wonder if it's the author, the publisher, etc. A Babylon 5 weenie, to be sure.

steve r
Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 10:56 am:   

And prose flatter than a squashed tick! We have just reviewed (in the spirit in which it was written!) the notorious Atlanta Nights on
www.ookami.co.uk but I fear The End of Time might be beyond even our mushy generosity.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |