HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Petition for Alan Moore's PROMETHEA

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Petition for Alan Moore's PROMETHEA « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Parsons
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 12:53 am:   

Hello All,

Me & my online co-conspirator Guido have set up a petition as a show of support for an Absolute Edition of Alan Moore & JH Williams III’s PROMETHEA. If we can get enough signatories, we’re hoping that the book will arrive sooner rather than (years) later. We have JHW3’s blessing in this venture.

Promethea, for the uninitiated, is a thirty-two issue series about myth, magick and imagination. Part of the series offers an extended, inventive tour de force voyage up the Kabbalic Tree of Life, during which Moore expounds upon magick and occult symbolism. It stands as one of Moore's many superlative achievements.

Absolute Editions are over-sized hard cover books that are scrumptious, and JHW3's art, which will be remastered for the proposed AE book, must be seen to be believed. Gorgeousity!

So in the interest of summoning into existence such a fine and wonderful and possibly useful grimoire, here as follows is the petition link:

[URL=http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/Absolute_Promethea/]Absolute Promethea Edition Petition[/URL]

If need be signatories can select an option to both support the project and state that they can’t buy it (ie, you’d borrow it, or check it out from a library, or pony up the cash if you win the lottery). There are many cool & interesting Promethea-related links on the petition site too…

If you are so moved to help spread the word (Promethea had around fourteen thousand readers and we aim to reach 7 or 8 %!), please feel free to repost this message on forums or blogs, but drop me a line so I can keep track of everything.

Thanks,

Mark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kelly S.
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 07:14 am:   

I would be interested in an oversized, nicely bound complete version of Promethea. As it stands, I have never read Promethea, simply because I hate reading individual trade paperbacks, but would welcome the opportunity to read Moore's complete story under one cover.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |