HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

World Fantasy Convention stuff

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » World Fantasy Convention stuff « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kelly S.
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 08:24 am:   

This fall, in Madison, WI, I'll be attending my first World Fantasy Convention. Needless to say, I can't wait.

After reading in Tim Pratt's blog this morning that Sean Wallace is going to be debuting a new fantasy publication, called Fantasy Magazine, at the Madison convention, I thought it'd be cool to start a list of must-haves from this year's World Fantasy Convention.

Are any other magazines, books, etc. being debuted at this year's WFC?

Thanks a lot.

Christopher
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 11:37 am:   

The sixth issue of Say..., which will be subtitled "what's the combination?" will debut there. I think that'll make four out of six of our issues that have debuted at the Madison Concourse Hotel.

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 02:57 pm:   

Night Shade will (with any luck) be debuting London Revenant by Conrad Williams.

Bold as Love by Gwyneth Jones is scheduled to be out in time for World Fantasy as well.

Jonathan
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 05:38 pm:   

Hey Christopher, I'm waiting for Say...what's the frequency?, which perhaps is too obvious.

Other than that, I should be debuting the new EIDOLON anthology at Madison, through Prime and Eidolon Books. Should be way cool.

Sean Wallace
Posted on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 04:55 am:   

Let's see . . . . Fantasy Magazine (newsprint magazine), Eidolon (hardcover/paperback), Jabberwocky 2 (hardcover/paperback), Catherynne M. Valente's The Grass-Cutting Sword (offset hardcover), and possibly A.A. Attanasio's Killing with the Edge of the Moon (offset hardcover). I try not to do too many convention releases.

Kelly S.
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 07:07 am:   

Thanks for the head's-up on the all the stuff coming out at the WFC. It'll be nice to finally be able to hold something in my hand before purchasing it, as opposed to just viewing it on a website.

Raymond Williams
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 05:15 pm:   

I know it's a while away but is one thinking of heading to Conjure 2006 in Australia, http://www.conjure.org.au if so have you been before and what was it like? would you recomend going? I'm thinking about it but not sure.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |