HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Waldrop news

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Waldrop news « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Walsh
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 09:29 am:   

For those who are fans of Howard Waldrop, he will be Guest of Honor at the DC area convention Capclave (14-16 October 2005).

Everyone who joins Capclave will receive a free copy of a booklet containing two never-before-published stories, written just for Capclave. Howard says each story will be about 10,000 words each. The booklets will be available only to Capclave members (for those who can't make it, yes, we will mail you your copy), and only one booklet per membership. The stories will be written around the cover artwork by Carol Emshwiller. So Howard gets an Ace Double with Emsh covers.

Any leftover copies go to Howard. The club is not interested in selling books post con.

Other GoHs are Patrick & Teresa Nielsen Hayden.

I'm chairing this, and after 25 years of chairing cons I think this will be the last one. A quarter century of *fun* ! ! !

Capclave 2005 details: http://www.wsfa.org/capc05/index.htm

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 01:25 pm:   

I've joined, and booked my reservation. Now I just need a roomie by then.

Jonathan
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 03:49 pm:   

Michael - Is there an 'oh my god, I can't go, but I have to have that chapbook' membership?

chance
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 05:11 pm:   

ooooo now I really want to go.

Michael Walsh
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 07:11 am:   

" Is there an 'oh my god, I can't go, but I have to have that chapbook' membership?"

Yes! "The booklets will be available only to Capclave members (for those who can't make it, yes, we will mail you your copy)" So, through the end of May, $30.00 gets you this item. Membership goes up to some ammount afterwards.

I expect the unsigned copies to be the rare ones. (I always thought it would be amusing to a limited edition where all but, say, 10 copies were signed.)

Michael Walsh
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 06:49 pm:   

Capclave & Extinction

End of June has the $30.00 rate joining the dodo and passenger pigeon. Check out details at www.capclave.org.

All members of the convention will receive a chapbook with two new Waldrop stories. Those who can't make will have it mailed to them.

billc
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 02:28 pm:   

So, the chapbook was delayed. These things happen. There was some hope to have them finished and in the mail before calendar year end. I still haven't seen my copy. Has anyone else? Does anyone know if there's an expected publication date? Is there some forum that gives information on this? Just want to know.

(Thanks, Ellen, for publishing the stories. It was a treat to read them, but I still want to see the book)

Ellen Datlow
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 07:44 am:   

They're still working on it but it should be real soon :-)
I do too. ...

E Thomas
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 02:46 pm:   

Also of interest to Waldrop fans, I saw on the Asimov's forum that Howard Who? is being republished.

Here is the link found in the first post of that thread:
http://www.lcrw.net/peapod/waldrop/index.htm

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |