HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Charles L Grant

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Charles L Grant « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary Fry
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 11:31 am:   

Horror writer Charles L. Grant is in need of some help. Here's the website about it:

http://charlesgrant.novelhost.net/freshair.htm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ellen
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 09:08 am:   

Please forgive this somewhat impersonal mailing, but I'm trying to pass the word along about a benefit auction that the Horror Writers Association is holding for Charlie Grant, who has been hospitalized for more than a month with severe cardio-pulmonary disease and emphysema. As many of you know, the long-term prognosis is not good, and substantial expenses are looming.

HWA has planned a two-part auction whose proceeds will go into a discrete fund to assist Charlie and Kathy in paying off specific bills. The first component is a "big ticket" auction to be held on eBay for one week before the June 5 Stoker Awards banquet. The second component is a silent auction to be held at the HWA annual meeting and Stoker Awards weekend, June 4-6, 2004, in New York City.

HWA is asking for contributions of worthy auction items, i.e., those likely to sell for a significant price. When possible, contributors should note a "reserve" (lowest acceptable bid) price for their contributions. Items that are not sold for their reserve will be returned to the contributors. Because HWA is not a charitable organization, contributions are not tax deductible as charitable donations. (However, and without providing you with legal advice, I certainly would contemplate deducting any contribution as a publicity or advertising expense.)

Please send your contributions to David Niall Wilson at the address below. HWA would like to receive the contributions by May 13, in order to allow for time to photograph and upload images and descriptions of the items to eBay before the end of the month.

Charles Grant Benefit Auction
c/o David Niall Wilson
211 W. Market St.
Hertford NC 27944

Please pass this information along to others who may be interested in helping out. Charlie's contributions to so many of us, and to the fiction that we love, is beyond notions of money, expenses, prices, even words. I can think of no more worthy cause than this one.

Doug Winter

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |