HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Author Introduction

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Author Introduction « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Catherynne Valente
Posted on Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 04:47 pm:   

Hello, all. I feel like I'm waving awkwardly to a full lunchroom, the new girl in school. But I wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Catherynne M. Valente, and I've just signed on with Prime Books for several of my novels, the first of which, "The Labyrinth," will be out in July. It's already available for pre-order at Shocklines, and snagged the #1 bestselling advance order slot in its first week. Jeff Vandermeer has very kindly agreed to write an introduction.

I have a newly created author board down below, (thanks, Jeff) in the wasteland that is the latter 1/4 of the alphabet. Please feel free to visit! In the meantime, to give you an idea of the craziness that I write, here's a blurb about "The Labyrinth" from the Shocklines site:

Hic Monstra delitescunt...

A lyrical anti-quest through a darkly conscious mazeóa dark pilgrimís progress through a landscape of vicious Angels, plague houses, crocodile-prophets, tragic chess-sets, and the mind of a nameless woman, driven on by the mocking guide who seeks to destroy as much as save.

Enter the world of the Labyrinth, where Doors do not wait to be opened, but hunt you in the night. This is Zarathustra in Wonderland, a surreal journey, a twisted path through language and madness...

Sed puella, ubi abscondes?
_________

At any event, hello to all!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Thiel
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 07:38 am:   

I remember Jeff---interested in quests, he was.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |