HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Thanks Jason and Jeremy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Thanks Jason and Jeremy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JV
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 08:05 pm:   

As the NS message boards have now eclipsed 24,000 total messages (!!!), I'd just like to thank Jason and Jeremy for hosting these boards. I think we have a real community here, and although I know many people think of messageboards as time wasters, I know I've gained a lot of valuable contacts here. I've also made some friends. And I've "heard" some incredibly hilarious, touching, and interesting stories on many of these threads.

JeffV

Neal Stanifer
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 12:38 am:   

I second this. I haven't spent this much time -- profitable and enjoyably -- on a BB since the early 90s. The administration of these boards has been even-handed and liberal, though never completely invisible, and I've met a lot of people I've come to respect even in strong disagreement. Bravo, gents!

John Klima
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 10:07 am:   

Yes, thank you very much. I've met a substantial group of people whom I would have never known without this place. I've increased the profile of my zine as well as gained some work due directly to my involvement on these boards.

And I know I've lost a good chunk of my productivity some days due to fied-up discussions.

Thanks!

JK

Robert Devereux
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 10:26 am:   

Yes, thanks. Even as a non-author, I've gotten a lot out of the writing discussions, and a lot of the music discussions are more interesting than what I've seen on some music boards.
Although my wallet may not be as happy about these boards (they introduce me to so many good authors that I have to buy books from).

Minz
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 11:48 am:   

What they said, and then some.

John Picacio
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 12:31 pm:   

Hey, Jason, Jeremy and Jeff --

Anyone can throw up a message board, but it's a lot harder to have one that actually thrives. It's a great neighborhood to be in.....thanks for making it happen.

Nick Mamatas
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 01:52 pm:   

Neal is actually responsible for 18,000 of the messages!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |