HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Graham Joyce Piece in Salon Today

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » Graham Joyce Piece in Salon Today « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Daniel Read
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 10:18 am:   

Thought people might be interested in this piece by Graham Joyce in today's Salon:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2003/11/21/london_protest/index.html

This is a journalistic account of an anti-Bush protest in Britain this week. If you're not a Salon subscriber, you may be asked to view an ad first.

Dan

Spike Kellerman
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 03:07 am:   

Sharp dude that Graham Joyce. This is the way it's going: just like they dodged the election process they dodge the protests. Thank your stars you live in a land where your democratic freedom to protest is matched by our freedom to make so much money we don't have to give a fuck.

Mastadge
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 04:18 am:   

Yeah, good article. I like Joyce a lot. Speaking of which: I finally read THE STORMWATCHER. Very beautiful edition, but I must say that I didn't like the book itself as much as I've liked most of his work. PARTIAL ECLIPSE also finally came in the other day, and I look forward to digging in to that ASAP.

Iron James
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 07:35 am:   

I'm not much on Salon. The articles there are too predictable, too far left, and usually biased. This one is wildly inaccurate.

Nicholas Liu
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 08:00 am:   

Could you tell us how and where it is wildly inaccurate?

Graham Joyce
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 02:09 am:   

Iron James I'm not in the habit of wild and inaccurate reporting. I don't mind if your objection is that my opinion piece in Salon wasn't right wing enough for you. You can fluff on that all you like. I hope you were there that you can make this claim. I was certainly there.
Otherwise who do you get your information from? Come on, let's have this out.

Deafening Silence
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 07:31 pm:   

*Chirp*
*Chirp-chirp*

William Lexner
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 02:35 pm:   

I have to say that it truly makes my day to stumble upon my favorite favorite author calling someone out for an argument.

I don't know if it's the ever-shocking reality that an author is indeed a human being, or the morbid curiousity as to whether Mr. Joyce can thump in the debate department.

Regardless, this made my day.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |