HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

So-Cal fires

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » General » So-Cal fires « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cheryl
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 - 03:06 pm:   

Have just learned that the Nivens and Gary Westfahl, amongst others, have been evacuated from their homes. Some Bay Area fans have set up a web site to keep track of latest news about So-Cal folks and their current status. See http://www.hematite.com/socal-fires/index.html

Neal Stanifer
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 04:28 am:   

Cheryl, as someone with friends and relatives in the path of that fire, I thank you for the link. I hope no one else is hurt.

Neal Stanifer
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 04:34 am:   

Wow, that link wasn't what I thought it was, but it was still pretty interesting. :-)

Cheryl
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 10:16 am:   

Glad you found it useful, Neal. A lot of the people on that list are friends of mine because they are well-known So-Cal fans. But judging from the SFWA directory there are a lot of writers in the area as well.

I'm certainly very glad I'm not faced with potential evacuation and loss of my home. Give me earthquakes any day - they don't destroy your book collection.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |