Night Shade News Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Night Shade News « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Night Shade Books
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 04:54 am:   

Here's where I'll be announcing what's going on with Night Shade. Releases, sales, etc, etc.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 04:55 am:   

Things That Never Happen is sold out in hardcover. Fastest seller we've ever had. Sold out in 4 weeks. We're reprinting, but it'll probably be a month before we get the second printings in hand. We've still got some of the first printing trade paperbacks, but not many.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 04:56 am:   

The Ancient Track has also sold out, both in trade paper and hardcover. We'll be reprinting, but probably not for a couple of months. Too many new releases to get out first.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 04:58 am:   

Sin's Doorway and Other Ominous Entrances : The Selected Stories of Manly Wade Wellman vol. 4 is due to start shipping next week.

After that, look for Tom Piccirilli's A Choir of Ill Children and Owls Hoot in the Daytime : The Selected Stories of Manly Wade Wellman vol. 5 to both start shipping in March.

Luís
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 05:23 am:   

Congratulations on the success of THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPEN! M. John Harrison rocks da house. I started reading the collection, but I'm saving it for after my exams so I can give it my undivided attention.

By the way, shouldn't MJH have a message board in here? China too.

Cheers, Luís

Night Shade Books
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 09:53 am:   

Sin's Doorway is now shipping!

Mike Williams
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 07:48 pm:   

How do you find out if your order has been received or shipped? I've email Night Shade several times (as I'm moving house) but have not yet gotten a response.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 09:57 pm:   

Hrm, I don't remember seeing your email. What did you order?

Jason

Mike Williams
Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 04:48 pm:   

Limited Edition of "Things that Never Happen." I ordered it a month ago or so. Your site doesn't email a confirmation. I've sent two follow up mails to night@nightshadebooks.com (the last was 2/7).

Gavin Smith
Posted on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 11:35 pm:   

On email order confirmations and sales: I can certainly see how it would be prohibitive to send out personal reply-responses for all contacts, but maybe some automatic order confirmation could be set up which would satisfy the sender's sense of having completed the transaction, even if only with a robot service.

Something else which has given me reason to ponder recently is the recent announcement of a publisher discount book sale from Night Shade. I have been chewing this over ever since I saw the announcement last week, and I'd be less than honest if I failed to say that I am more than a little uncomfortable about the prospect. Subterranean Press has 'em, so it's nothing new. Easy enough to set the terms and wait for the receipts to pile up. But I still have negative feelings about it because of my position as a minor reseller of Night Shade books.

Picture a careful campaign where every store in town prepares to sell Farmer Jim's tomatoes. They're fine tomatoes and worth every bit of $1.99 per pound. Which sounds fine until it is noticed that there's old Farmer Jim set up on the roadside halfway in between the Safeway and Tom Thumb and he's busy selling 99 cent a pound tomatoes just as fast as he can. I don't think anyone would venture to suggest that it was anything but a good idea to get more for less, and the freedom of the marketplace is a wonderful thing. But how many people, just trying to put food on their table, have felt unfairly victimized by the caprices of store specials which compel the careful shopper to visit three or more different stores just to fill up their salad bowl and maybe have enough for a piece of meat as well? I could sell 99 cent a pound tomatoes, too, but I'd have to make it up on the corned beef.

Is it Night Shade Books's intention to engage in a price war with me as a reseller of their books? I really felt rather betrayed as I wished my customers could benefit from the sale without feeling I had taken advantage of them by offering them books for full retail price. It would be easy enough to just disregard it, concluding that it didn't affect me. My eyes crossed as I tried to follow the complicated pathway of money advanced to me for forthcoming titles, and money I had pre-paid to Night Shade in order to secure the best discount. I had trouble believing that my business partners could have behaved so thoughtlessly and selfishly, and I blanched as I imagined my customers thinking, well, this is what I've been waiting for, if it weren't for the deal I had already made with that darned Gavin the Bookseller!

Night Shade Books
Posted on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 12:24 am:   

Well, actually, our site *does* email out order confirmations. I know, as I test it at least once a week.

And as for Gavin's concern about Night Shade having a sale:

If I walk into Best Buy and buy a DVD player, and that DVD player goes on sale two weeks later, whatever. It happens. Just about every store on earth has a sale at one time or another.

That said, that was the third sale we've EVER had, in five years of being in business. And it was only announced to the email list. Not on the internet, not on our website, not anywhere else. Unless every single one of your customers is on our mailing list, you're the one that told them we were running a sale, not us.

We've always gone far out of our way to support the independent booksellers, but sometimes we have to support ourselves as well. If you're not comfortable with that, and you feel that you're being betrayed, then feel free not to carry our books anymore.

Jason Williams
Night Shade Books

Gavin Smith
Posted on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 07:54 pm:   

Thanks, Jason, for your perspective. I gather that it is a fairly rare event to come onto a Night Shade sale, so it probably won't be a problem. It's true enough that I forwarded the sale announcement to each of the affected customers on my list, as I figured not to do so would be almost the same as concealing it. Strangely, no one even asked for a partial refund. Indeed, they were so oblivious of it that, after reading about it, they still assumed that somehow it did not apply to them, though by my own calculation it did.

I think you are right in pointing out the free market aspect in which things are fluid, things change according to new conditions, etc. That's why I felt it was a good idea to engage you in a dialog examination of the issue. The price war scenario did seem rather like over-stating things, but I felt and still do that some aspects of it do apply. Don't get me wrong, I love a sale as much as the next guy. It may be confirmation that one should hold back until the last minute before committing funds to a purchase, because things can change and an advantage might present itself.

Well, it won't be the first time I ended up over-analysing something!

Night Shade Books
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 04:31 am:   

Get ready for some Night Shade lovin'!

On the 7th, Owls Hoot in the Daytime and Other Omens begins shipping. The is the last volume of our Selected Stories of Manly Wade Wellman series, and contains all the John stories, as well as an introduction by Karl Edward Wagner and an afterword by Gerald Page.

On the 21st, A Choir of Ill Children begins shipping. Choir is the whoop-ass new Tom Piccirilli novel that you know you want.

And shortly thereafter, the limited edition of Jeff VanderMeer's Veniss Underground begins shipping. 750 copies, and they're going fast. Get your orders in soon.

Look for The Boats of the "Glen Carrig" and Other Nautical Adventures : The Collected Fiction of William Hope Hodgson to begin shipping around the first week of May.

The bonus trade paperback of The Last Book of Jorkens is now shipping, for all of you that subscribed to the Jorkens set.

Album Zutique #1, the first Ministry of Whimsy/Night Shade Books title is now shipping. And anthology of surreal and decadent fiction, edited by Jeff VanderMeer, and containing stories by Jeffrey Ford, Rhys Hughes, Stepan Chapman, Steve Rasnic Tem, Brendan Connell, KJ Bishop, DF Lewis, Ursula Pflug, James Sallis, Michael Cisco, Christina Flook, Jay Lake and an excerpt from Elizabeth Hand's forthcoming novel! All for $12.99. You know you want some.

Jason

Night Shade Books
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 03:38 am:   

Greetings all!

A few updates from Night Shade Central.

Tom Piccirilli's new novel, A Choir of Ill Children is out, and preorders will
be shipped by the end of the week. Both the limited and the trade are shipping,
and the limited is sold out.

The limited edition of Jeff VanderMeer's new novel, Veniss Underground, is
shipping, and it's a sexy sexy book.

The Collected Jorkens vol. 1 will be delayed until late Fall. Charles Vess is
backed up with a number of very cool projects, and he won't be able to get
started for a while. But it'll be worth the wait.

I know I've promised it before, but The Boats of the 'Glen Carrig' : The
Collected Fiction of William Hope Hodgson vol. 1 is now actually at the printer.
Proofreading took the better part of four months, but it's all wrapped up now
and the book is physically at the printer. We should have a ship date in a few
days, and I'll update the website as soon as we have it. This is going to be an
incredible book, and it's weighing in at 520 pages of Hodgson goodness.

Look for The Midnight Sun : The Collected Kane stories of Karl Edward Wagner to
be out in June/July.

For those awaiting Wellman slipcases, we are in the process of getting those
taken care of.

That's about it for this round, and I'll see you all next month.

Jason Williams
Night Shade Books
http://www.nightshadebooks.com
503-452-0761

Ben Wooller
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 10:45 am:   

Any further news on the 'Things That Never Happen' limited editions, Jason?

Thanks,
Ben Wooller

Night Shade Books
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 01:58 am:   

You hadn't received yours yet? Odd, I thought it'd been sent months ago. I'll get on shipping about that!

Jason

Night Shade Books
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 01:59 am:   

Hey all, more Night Shade good stuff for you! Some new titles, so old titles in stock, and some changes to forthcoming titles. A bit of everything this time around.

First, we've killed the trade paperback of The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases. Instead, there is now a $24 trade hardcover, as well as the 650 signed/limiteds (which are selling out quickly!). Anyone who prepaid for a trade paperback will get a free upgrade to the trade hardcover, because that's what kind of folks we are.

Next, I'm happy to announce two more 2003 titles.

The next Ministry of Whimsy project is Steve Tomasula's In & Oz, which will be out in September. In & Oz is high literary weirdness, as you've come to expect from the Ministry. It'll be a $25 hardcover.

In December, Night Shade will release Engelbrecht, Again! by Rhys Hughes. More tales of Maurice Richardson's pugilistic dwarf, Engelbrecht, and the rest of the Surrealist Sportsman's Society! There will be a $40 signed/limited edition.

Check the website for more details on both titles.

Speaking of The Ministry of Whimsy, we've got two older Ministry titles in stock. Leviathan 2, edited by Jeff VanderMeer and Rose Secrest as well as Jeffrey Thomas's Punktown. Both are in very limited quantity, and when they're gone, they're gone for good. Get 'em now, before it's too late.

The Boats of the "Glen Carrig" and Other Nautical Tales is the first volume of our eagerly awaited Collected Works of William Hope Hodgson. I'm happy to say that it's shipping in a few weeks. Expect all preorders to be shipped before the end of the month!

Next month we hope to start shipping The Midnight Sun, the Collected Kane stories of Karl Edward Wagner. Ken Kelly is wrapping up the cover now, and it's 440 pages of rippling manflesh!

That's about it for this time.

Jason Williams
Night Shade Books
www.nightshadebooks.com
503-452-0761

Gregory Feeley
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 04:04 am:   

I have a question about the limited edition of THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPEN. What was in the "chapbook" that accompanied it? Is the text of it available elsewhere?

Night Shade Books
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 10:12 am:   

The chapbook for Things That Never Happen was a collaboration between Harrison and Simon Ings, called The Rio Brain. It was originally published in Interzone way back when, and has never been collected.

Jason

Gregory Feeley
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 08:35 pm:   

Aha. Thanks.

JV
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 08:31 am:   

Hey, it ain't like I haven't congratulated you guys yet already, but--Jason, Jeremy, Ben - a big huge congratulations in written form for winning the WFC!!

Jeff

MarkR
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 09:27 am:   

Yeah, and I'd like to second that. Well done, guys!!

- Mark

LeslieWhat
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 11:37 am:   

Is it too late to hop on the congratulations bandwagon? Congratulations and I hope this award will be a boost for all your projects.

Forrest
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 04:44 pm:   

Jason, Jeremy, you've had two nights to sleep on it, and the awards are still there (unless Molly hid them somewhere). It wasn't just a dream. Congrats again, and to you too, Ben!

Forrest

Earl Patrick Dean
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 09:06 am:   

Hi. The last word of news on Red World of Polaris was that the lettered edition should begin shipping about three weeks ago. Is it moving out yet? The current update to your web page is 10/15/3 or thereabouts.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 10:37 am:   

The limited edition is shipping, we just didn't update the web page because we were out of town for a week and didn't want 500 emails asking where it was. The lettered edition isn't shipping yet. As usual, lettered editions take a while longer to produce.

Jason

Martinus
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 03:34 am:   

What about "The Collected Jorkens Vol. 1"? Will it be out before Christmas? :-) *keeping my fingers crossed*

Martin

Night Shade Books
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 08:13 pm:   

Quick update this time. We've started adding titles to the website for our 2004 schedule, and I think you're going to like them. New books from Kage Baker, Iain M. Banks, M. John Harrison, Conrad Williams, H.P. Lovecraft, Adam Roberts, Nick Mamatas and more still to be added.

Also look out for the 2004 Ministry of Whimsy titles by Zoran Zivkovic, Michael Cisco and Leviathan 4!

And now an update on limiteds:

Disease Guide limiteds are still gathering signatures. Hopefully not too much longer now.

Empress of Mars lettereds should ship the end of this month.

Red World of Polaris lettereds should ship in early January.

Midnight Sun limiteds are shipping as fast as we can get them out the door, and we hope to have them all shipped by the end of the month.

That's about it for now. Keep checking the website for updates, as we'll be adding new titles for the next couple of months.

Minz
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 01:35 pm:   

A new book by H.P. Lovecraft? Man, you guys are _good_.

Seriously, that's a heckuva nice looking lineup for '04.

Cheryl
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 09:20 am:   

What he said.

Earl Patrick Dean
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 11:38 am:   

Hi. I'm just fishing for an update on Hdogson 2. It was supposed to start shipping in November, wasn't it?

Earl Patrick Dean
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 11:40 am:   

Er... that's Hodgson 2.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 09:25 pm:   

Yeah, it was. But, as usual, we're late. Don't know why, but every classic we do ends up late.

Jason

Earl Patrick Dean
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 05:46 am:   

OK. I figured that was the case, but you never know unless you ask. Sometimes books ship before the website is updated. I expect it'll be worth the wait. Thanks.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 07:35 pm:   

Exciting news all around today, including great news for all Wellman fans!

Night Shade is kicking off a series reprinting Manly's pulp novels. The first two are due out in August, Giants from Eternity and Strangers on the Heights. $25 apiece for the trade editions, and there will be a 150 copy limited edition that will be a slipcased set of both books, bound in leather and with a matching ribbon bookmark, as well as additional art signed by the artist.

Also in August, we'll be releasing a new novel from Lucius Shepard, Viator. It's going to be good good stuff, as per usual from Lucius.

In May, look for a trade hardcover edition of Bubba Ho-Tep, by Joe R. Lansdale and Don Coscarelli. And if you have a chance to see the movie, do it! It's a wonderful film, and Bruce Campbell makes a badass Elvis.

Look for The Collected Jorkens vol. 1 and Rhys Hughes' New Universal History of Infamy in the next couple of weeks.

The second Hodgson volume is at the printer now, and is expected out in early March.

The limited edition of The Thackery T. Lambshead Guide to Eccentric & Discredited Diseases is coming along well, with only about five more signatures left to gather. So hopefully it'll start shipping soon.

Midnight Sun ltds are shipping, and we hope to have the rest shipped before the end of the month.

We should have slipcases for the Lettered edition of Kage Baker's The Empress of Mars in a week or so, and they'll ship out immediately. Red World of Polaris lettereds are also due very soon.

Speaking of slipcases, we have a new supplier, and it looks like he's going to do a great job, as well as being pretty timely. So hopefully we can get those Wellman 5-volume set slipcases here before too long. I know you've all been patient, but these will be getting done.

Nodoyuna
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 06:31 am:   

I can't wait for the Hodgson books...

Hopefully march is coming soon (^_^)

I loved the 1st volume,a really nice and great book, carefully edited... Keep on with that great work!

Saludos,
Nodoyuna

Night Shade Books
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:28 pm:   

Hi all, lots of stuff going on, so we'll get to it.

As we said in the last email, we had a lot of shipping problems with our old warehouse. Earlier this month, we moved to a new warehouse and hired our first employee, Brian Cully, to be our new full-time shipping person. Through heroic efforts, most of the shipping is now completely caught up.

March has been a big month for new releases.

The trade hardcover edition of Bubba Ho-Tep starts shipping today, as does the limited edition of the Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases.

We're also shipping The Collected William Hope Hodgson vol. 2 : The House on the Borderland.

We've also sneaked out a reprint of The Ancient Track : The Collected Poetical Works of H.P. Lovecraft, which has been out of print for a year or so.

We've got two new books to announce, and I think you're going to like them.

In May we'll be publishing a trade hardcover of Red World of Polaris, the Clark Ashton Smith book we published as a limited edition last fall (and that sold out in no time flat).

In July we'll publish Banquet of the Lords of Night, a collection from Liz Williams. If you haven't been checking out her novels, like The Poison Master, or Nine Layers of Sky, you should go read them now.

Next month look forward to Move Under Ground, from Nick Mamatas and Use Once, Then Destroy, a new collection by Conrad Williams.

That's plenty for one month, and we'll see you next time.

Mahesh Raj Mohan
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:58 pm:   

I got one of the limiteds of the Ashton Smith from Clarkesworld, but it's cool you guys will be doing it as a trade hardcover.

Good stuff, Jason, and nice job.

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 06:55 am:   

The Liz Williams collection is fantastic. I can't say enough good things about it. As Jason says, if you haven't discovered her fiction yet, you'll be in for a more than pleasant surprise!

JK

Cornelius Kappabani
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 05:51 am:   

Damn Night Shade books, going to vapourise a lot of my money. Damn.
Not that is a Wandering Star in London but....

Great work!! Finally a lot of the old stuff is going to be published in the proper way they deserve.

Cordially and with the best wishes,
Cornelius.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 05:20 am:   

We've just posted the covers for Blood Follows
Steven Erikson's novella Blood Follows
and The Gist Hunter.
Matthew Hughes' ridiculously great collection, The Gist Hunter

Night Shade Books
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 05:22 am:   

Conference with the Dead and Blood Follows are both at the printer now, and due to ship around the end of the month/beginning of next month.

Night Shade Books

The Ghost Pirates and The Night Land, vols. 3 & 4 in our Hodgson series, are wrapping up the last bit of proofreading now, and should be at the printer in the next few weeks. We're hoping for a June release for both, but as we've never been on time with a classic yet, don't hold us to it.

Night Shade Books

The following titles are now out of print:

A Choir of Ill Children - Tom Piccirilli
Veniss Underground - Jeff VanderMeer
The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric & Discredited Diseases - eds. Jeff VanderMeer & Mark Roberts

Bob Urell
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 06:00 am:   

Them's some pretty books, 'mano.

Matt Hughes
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 10:13 am:   

Looks good. Kudos to Jason Van Hollander.

Matt Hughes
http://www.archonate.com/

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 11:15 am:   

Yeah, that Hughes guy sounds interesting.... :-)

JK

Sven
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 10:29 am:   

Hi everybody,

I was just curious when "Conference With The Dead" is finally coming out now ??

Best

Sven

Night Shade Books
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 10:51 pm:   

It's shipping from the printer now. We're just waiting for it to arrive.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 01:58 am:   

Hey all,

Got a lot for you this time, but I'll cut straight to what you want to hear. By using the coupon code NSB1134, you can get 50% off of your order until 11:59 pm on Monday night. There is a three-book minimum order to get the discount. The discount does not apply to lettered editions or subscriptions (so you won't get 50% off of a Perdido lettered edition or the Clark Ashton Smith subscription.) Everything else is fair game. As we've said before, we've signed up with an exclusive distribution deal, which is wonderful but we're in the in-between phase of the setup. We haven't shipped to any of our major customers in a couple of months, but we don't start getting paid by the distributor for a month or so. Our cash crunch is your chance to get great books for great prices!

Two new books are shipping. All preorders for Steven Erikson's Blood Follows have now been shipped, so if you preordered, you'll be seeing it soon.

Conference with the Dead is in transit from our printer, and we'll ship out the preorders as soon as they arrive. Sorry for the delay, the signature sheets went missing, so we had to send a new set out to Terry and Ramsey for signing.

The next two books due to ship are:

Matthew Hughes' magnificent collection of stories, The Gist Hunter. Matthew is very much a student of Jack Vance, so if you like Vance you're going to love this book.

The Ghost Pirates: The Collected Fiction of William Hope Hodgson volume 3. Sorry for the long delay on this one folks, we just can't seem to ever get our classics out on time. This one is worth the wait, clocking in at around 560 pages of nautical goodness!

Speaking of Hodgson, The Boats of the "Glen Carrig" is no longer available. The distributor has the last of our copies, so it will be available from the usual wholesalers for a while. Dealers, if you want more copies, get 'em quick, as they don't have many. We may reprint at some point, but it'll probably be a while.

Couple of updates on other titles. We've posted the limited edition material for Conrad Williams' London Revenant, Liz Williams' Snake Agent, and Lucius Shepard's Trujillo on the website. London Revenant and Snake Agent will contain exclusive stories, and Trujillo will come with a cool dvd.

Over the next week or so, we'll be posting the final covers to Snake Agent, Trujillo, and our mammoth Iain M. Banks novel, The Algebraist, to the website.

Perdido Street Station is coming along well. We're just waiting on the last couple of pieces of interior art from China, and a few last minute tweaks to the design, and we'll be ready to go.

The Night Land, volume 4 of our long overdue Hodgson series, is almost ready to go to the printer. As always, proofing took longer than we'd expected, but it's in progress and should be finished soon.

The slipcases for our five-volume Manly Wade Wellman set arrived a couple of weeks ago, and we've shipped out all of the orders. The binder is now working on the slipcase for the limited edition of Wellman's Strangers on the Heights/Giants from Eternity, and we hope to have those soon. They shouldn't take nearly as long, as they aren't as difficult to make.

That's about it for now. I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that's about usual for me.

Jason Williams
Night Shade Books
1470 NW Saltzman Road
Portland, OR 97229
www.nightshadebooks.com
503-643-5824

kellys
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 06:13 am:   

Great update! Question about the Ashton Smith subscription: are the books going to be available individually, or do I have to order the subscription to get them?

Thanks a lot.

Robert Devereux
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 12:36 pm:   

I just tried to place an order and got an error:
Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.

I assume it didn't go through.

Robert Devereux
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 12:38 pm:   

It did apparently go through, I just got the confirmation e-mail.

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 02:03 pm:   

The Books will be available individually. Once the First book arrives (or when we surpass our a certain number of subs), the subscription offer will be removed, and you can buy individual volumes. These individual volumes are not available as part of our sale.

kellys
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 06:38 pm:   

Thanks Jeremy. Looking forward to seeing a nice version of Ashton Smith's Zothique stories.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 05:22 pm:   

We've set the deadline for anyone who wants to subscribe to our Clark Ashton Smith set for August 31st, 2005. No further subscriptions will be offered after that. So if you've been on the fence, I recommend jumping on it soon.

The Ghost Pirates and Other Revenants of the Sea : The Collected Fiction of William Hope Hodgson volume 3 will begin shipping next week. Sorry for the long delay, and we'll be getting volume four out as soon as possible.

All preorders on Terry Lamsley's Conference with the Dead have been sent. If you haven't received it yet, it's because it's still in transit, so give it a few days.

Iain M. Banks' The Algebraist is at the printer now, and is due to ship around the first of September. The signed/leatherbound limiteds are going fast, so if you're interested I recommend getting an order in.

Lucius Shepard's Trujillo is at the printer as well, due to ship around the same time. The signed limited with the bonus dvd is almost sold out.

Speaking of limiteds, the following are down to a handful of copies:

Zoran Zivkovic - The Fourth Circle. Signed with a bonus interview with Zoran.

Forrest Aguirre, ed - Leviathan 4. Signed by all contributors.

Steven Erikson - Blood Follows. Had a few last minute cancellations, so we've got a small number of the signed leatherbound left.

Terry Lamsley - Conference with the Dead. Also a few last minute cancellations, so we've got a few left. Signed by Terry Lamsley and Ramsey Campbell (who did the introduction), and containing a bonus story. Terry lives in Amsterdamn, so getting his signature isn't going to be easy otherwise.

On a last note, we are once again accepting submissions. No collections or anthologies, just novels. Please send manuscripts to submissions@nightshadebooks.com.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 05:24 pm:   

Mother Aegypt is now out of print. The distributor might have a few copies, but we're out.

Face is also now out of print. Distributor has a dozen copies or so, last I checked, but that's it.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register