HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Butcher Bird Available as a free down...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Butcher Bird Available as a free download « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jlassen
Username: Jlassen

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 04:14 pm:   

Back in 2005, a very different version of Richard Kadrey’s novel Butcher Bird began its life as a free download posted on The Infinite Matrix. At the time, it was called Blind Shrike, and we at Night Shade Books liked what we read. In 2007, Night Shade Books published our version.

Now, with the cooperation of Richard Kadrey, Night Shade Books is proud to make the entire text of Butcher Bird available as a DRM-free download, in a wide variety of formats, so that everyone can enjoy this amazing novel of black magic and arcane mysteries, however and wherever they want. The World of Butcher Bird is one where angels and devils brawl in the streets, where the Black Clerks charged with keeping the Dominions in check have developed their own dark agenda, where the swordswoman known as Blind Shrike battles monsters in deadly combat, where a civil war has broken out in Hell, and where Spider Lee, an unassuming San Francisco tattoo artist, and his drinking buddy LuLu Garou, have been dropped right smack into the middle of the action.

Richard himself describes the book as “the Gnostic Gospels meets Wild at Heart.” Butcher Bird is an odyssey that will take you from the San Francisco underground to decadent palaces to the very gates of Hell… and beyond!

Click here to visit our Downloads section.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Johnnyd
Username: Johnnyd

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:47 am:   

Butcher Bird: A Totally Enjoyable book!

I downloaded both the mobipocket and pdf version and I noticed that the mobipocket version was a bit less nicely structured than the pdf version; because I wanted to read the book on my Cybook Gen3, I made a slightly reformatted mobipocket version. I changed the following things:
- added a Table Of Contents
- added a cover page (copied form the pdf version)
- added several page breaks between Title page, Copyright page, etc.

Of course the actual text (including copyright) is totally unchanged.

I added these things to "enhance" my reading experience.

I wonder if you might be interested in this enhanced mobipocket version? You can have it for free of course, it's my way to say "Thank you" :-)

If you're not interested in my version, would it be OK if I posted it on this forum or elsewhere on the net, so other people can enjoy it? When posting it elsewhere, it would of course be accompanied by the proper copyright notices, etc!

Cheers,
Johan.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |