HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Updates at Night Shade

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Updates at Night Shade « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nightshadebooks
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 04:24 pm:   

We are putting in our final order for the Dunsany slipcases, so we need all final orders by Friday, November 10th. Subscribers are covered under their subscription. Anyone else who wants them, they will be $20 per slipcase. Click here to order.

At the same time, we'll finally be getting the slipcases for the Manly Wade Wellman Giants from Eternity/Strangers on the Heights limited edition. It looks like we'll have color inserts on both sides, so this is going to be worth the wait.

We've seen the samples, and these will be by far the nicest slipcases we've ever done.

Nightshadebooks
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 04:27 pm:   

We're just back from World Fantasy in Austin, which was an amazing (and exhausting) show. To celebrate our return, our wonderful freight company delivered a whole bunch of love for us. We now have the following in stock:

* Glen Cook's Sung in Blood
* Matthew Hughes' Majestrum
* Alastair Reynolds - Zima Blue limited editions

We should have all preorders shipped out before the end of the week.

Nightshadebooks
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 04:38 pm:   

Perdido Street Station is very late. We are aware of this, painfully so. The reason it isn't out yet is because the way it was headed, it wasn't worth $75, let alone the $500 for the lettered. The quality isn't up to snuff, the binding wouldn't have been up to snuff, none of it. We're not going to release a book that we wouldn't buy ourselves, and so we're not going to release a sub-par book. We've had quite a few talks over the past few weeks with some folks that are going to help us out with that. They know about producing gorgeous books, and what a $75 book should look like. Those of you who put up the $500 for the lettered, you are in for a serious treat. When they told me what they had in mind, I knew we were dealing with the right people.

For those of you waiting on slipcases for your Wellman limiteds or your Dunsany sets, it's the same problem. We can get crappy slipcases, or we can get decent slipcases that will cost our firstborn. We haven't been happy with the quality we've seen on any of the samples we've been sent, and we certainly haven't been happy with the pricing we've seen on these same crappy cases. Once again, we're in talks with very nice people who know about making quality slipcases. I've seen the demo slipcases, and they are beautiful.

In a nutshell, bear with us just a little longer. We want to get this right, and make sure that you get your money's worth.

-----------------------------------
This was sent in our October 5th newsletter. For updates on what's going on at Night Shade, I would highly suggest signing up.

Jake Mohlman
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 06:38 am:   

I have a question about PSS as it relates to your recent offer of lifetime subscriptions. In that offer you mentioned that a lifetime subscription would include the most expensive first edition of every new book, including the PSS lettered. However, that edition has been listed as sold out for, what, a year now? So would any lifetime subscribers be getting Publisher Copies, or were you always holding a few lettered copies in reserve? I canít imagine there will be enough lifetime subscribers who havenít already ordered PSS to make that much of a difference in the print run, but to be honest I canít say I would be terribly happy to find out that the limited I paid $500 for two years ago just got a little less limited.

Thanks for the clarification.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |