Kane collections gone forever? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Kane collections gone forever? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joshua Spencer
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 08:46 pm:   

Hi there....new to Nightshade, but sure to be spending lots of money with you guys from now on.

My question is about the Kane collections that came and went pretty quickly. They're commanding big bucks now in the used market (especially Gods). Are you guys going to print anymore, or do you only do single runs and then let stuff go out of print again forever? Obviously the demand is still high for those books, seems like a no-brainer to print more. Plus, I'd like to get a copy of Gods and still be able to pay my rent. Any plans?

josh

Ed Sinkovits
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 11:02 pm:   

I don't know if you got a separate answer from anyone at Night Shade but my own guess would be that the Kane books are unlikely to be reprinted (in hardcover anyway).

Firstly, after the Night Shade editions went out of print I believe that the SFBC released book club editions which would have pretty much have satisfied any remaining demand for these titles for some time to come.

Secondly the Night Shade calendar is pretty full with new material going forward and if there's any opportunities (or desire) for reprinting anything it's more likely to be something like the Hodgson set for which the first two books are already OP.

I don't think that the Kane books are really that expensive since the Gods in Darkness is available for perhaps $75 at most and the second book for much less. Maybe they're not cheap but they are far cheaper than I think they should be!

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 08:01 pm:   

If you gotta have Kane... there are the SF book club editions. We haven't felt the need to sink a lot of capital into a reprint because The Book Club editions are out there.

We always wanted to make the books available to a new generation of readers, and the book club deal allows for that, even if it is out of print from us.

Mongrove Moone
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 08:12 am:   

Sorry to enter this discussion so late...

The SF Book Club editions are now out of print, also. So, it does appear that used will be the way to go.

I hope Night Shade will consider a second printing at some point in the future.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register