help, please, need to find this book! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » help, please, need to find this book! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

valerie
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 10:30 pm:   

Back in 1999, a friend of mine turned me ont to a series of short sci fi books, no more than a couple hundred pages each, I'm sure. I loved them but for the life of me, I can't remember the title or author. It's set in the future, there's this guy who's an orphan or something and is trapped on the planet or cell block. He starts a min revolution and becomes this hero to the galaxy. The galaxy is ruled by this total madman who seems to live forever. No on knows his secret but our hero finds out (I think he's repeatedly cloned). It's witty, action packed and very sarcastic, which I love. Kinda reminds me of Zelazny's writing. I know once I hear the author's name a bell will ring but I need serious help and as much as this is a shot in the dark, I'm still taking that chance. Recap- future sci-fi series, loner hero (diamond in the rough type), wicked eternal bad guy, written prior to 1999.
Thanks!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joseph Hoopman
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 07:50 am:   

Maybe the Sten books? By Allan Cole & Chris Bunch. About an eight book series -- Sten, Wolf Worlds, Court of a Thousand Suns, etc. Haven't read them in a while, but I remember them being quite entertaining.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register