Alastair Reynolds Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Alastair Reynolds « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

DrBloodmoney1
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 08:41 am:   

After browsing Alastair Reynolds' website, I noticed that he mentioned a short story collection that might be published by Night Shade in 2004. Any info on that? You would have at least one buyer- he's one of the best things that has happened to hard SF in the past ten years.

DrB

Night Shade Books
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 01:11 am:   

We haven't announced it yet, but it's due out August of 2004, along with an Adam Roberts collection. We don't have a firm title or table of contents yet, but we'll pass on the information when we get it.

Jason

Jonathan
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 03:37 pm:   

Way cool. Night Shade goes sci fi. Go Gernsback boy, go! <g>. So, what next? Charlie Stross? Bruce Sterling? There are many way cool SF books to be done.

J

John Klima
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 11:09 am:   

Can't wait. I read REVELATION SPACE for Tor and tried to buy it but got outbid by Ace. I had gotten turned on to Reynolds writing while I was at Asimov's. I'll be among the first in line to buy a short-story collection of his.

Read SALT for Tor, too, but they passed on it. I haven't read any other Roberts that I know of, but all of his novels sound very intriguing to me.

JK

Mastadge
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 12:26 pm:   

I read Revelation Space. Thought it was good, if about 200 pages longer than it needed to be. I have Chasm City and DD/TD on my shelf, with Redemption Arc mass-market edition on pre-order.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 10:38 am:   

So far Alastair Reynolds and Adam Roberts are the only science fiction books on our plate, but they won't be the last. And I would love to work with Bruce Sterling!

Jason

jonathan briggs
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 03:46 pm:   

I started "Revelation Space" and am enjoying it tho I'm stumbling around a bit to find my footing. I feel like I may be missing some backstory. Perhaps in Reynolds' shorter work. Finishing off Steven Erikson's "Gardens of the Moon" at the same time, so I have to be careful not to get my plots/counterplots tangled up. Let's see Dan Sylveste just unearthed the barrow of the Jaghut Tyrant, and Ana Khouri has been contracted to assassinate Turban Orr. Errr, wait a minute....

zool
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 03:42 pm:   

Reynolds Inhibitor Cycle books are so far excellent. The best one is "Chasm City". Looking forward to "Absolution Gap", and "Diamond Dogs/Turquoise Days".

Erikson's Malazan books are also very good. He's going to be more well known in the US now that Tor is finally going to publish his books.

Evan McClanahan
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 04:56 pm:   

I'd have to agree that Chasm City is the best one so far. Overall, I'm somewhat torn about Reynolds. I like his stuff, but honestly, I think that he needs an editor pretty badly. All of his books need tightening to my mind, and Redemption arc just should have been sent back for an extensive rewrite. DD/TD was good, though, and overall I really dig his themes and ideas. I'll likely be importing Absolution Gap in any case, however, and I'm excited to see what he'll have coming out in the future.

Michael Walsh
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 02:35 pm:   

Reynolds will be at Boskone (www.boskone.org) 18-20 February in Boston. Not as GoH, but as the Hal Clement Memorial Science Speaker, which is cool.

I've exchanged emails with him and had a nice chat at ConJose. Great guy.

William Atheling III
Posted on Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 10:17 am:   

I've immensely enjoyed all of Reynold's [*Revelation Space] fiction, and am very disappointed to see him writing in other universes lately.

What happened to that Night Shades collection? I know that Reynolds is working on "a couple of novella-length things for book projects," so hopefully this will be a collection of all the other [*Revelation Space] short fiction ("A Spy in Europa," "Great Wall of Mars," "Galactic North," and "Glacial"), in addition to the novellas that he mentioned above. I for one would like to see the story of how Captain Brannigan was "infected" before he appeared in REVELATION SPACE, as well as how Clavain got the nickname "The Butcher of Tarsus."

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register