Night Shade news - 01/27/2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Night Shade news - 01/27/2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Night Shade Books
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 01:42 pm:   

Hey all,

There have been a lot of new arrivals here at Night Shade in the last couple of weeks, so let's get right to it.

It's been busy around here lately! We've just finished shipping out the preorders on a bunch of books. Please wait a week or so before querying on the status of your pre-order. You should be getting it any second now. Here’s what’s arrived:

-- The Night Land : The Collected Fiction of William Hope Hodgson vol. 4
This is it… The Grand-Daddy of “dying earth” fiction, along with several Hodgson rarities you have probably never seen before. I bet all you classic fans thought you had another 6-8 months before you’d see this volume. :-)

-- The Lost District, by Joel Lane
British Fantasy Award-winner, and World Fantasy Award-nominee Joel Lane delivers a stunning collection of dark fantasy and horror. Fans of M. John Harrison should not miss this book, and neither should anybody who likes their horror fiction smart, edgy and contemplative. We’ve packaged this one up as a low price trade paperback. I know some of you collectors may be upset that there is no hardcover, but we want this book READ, not put on a shelf and ignored. Trade paperback was the best way to achieve this goal. At $14.95, there’s no reason you shouldn’t all give Joel a try. You won’t be disappointed.

-- Last Week's Apocalypse, by Douglas Lain
The second in our 2006 La(i)n(e) volley, Last Week’s Apocalypse is sure to stir up controversy. You’ll either like this one, or hate it, but it’s some damn fine writing… some of the best that the genre has to offer. Douglas has been compared to Don DeLillo and Samuel Beckett, and has been recommended by Jonathan Lethem. And this book is also in the trade paperback format, so there’s no reason to not give it a try.

-- The Healthy Dead : A Tale of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, by Steven Erikson. Another novella set in the world of Erikson’s Malazan books, this one features cover and interior artwork from Mike Dringenberg. This volume has a matching design to the previous Bauchelain and Korbal Broach novella, Blood Follows. Don’t miss another sardonic story featuring your favorite serial killer and necromancer.

In addition to these titles, we wanted to point out that in December we shipped one of the most important books of the year, War Stories by Joe Haldeman. This collection brings together 2 novels and several short stories, including a Forever War novella. It also features new introductions and bridging material. Regardless where you stand in today’s political spectrum, the material in this book provides a very important perspective to today’s ongoing political debate. Haldeman’s work has never been as painfully relevant as it is today, an the material in this collection is Haldeman at his best.

Please drop by our website to see some of our stunning artwork for our forthcoming books. Ray Manzerak’s Snake Moon features a cover by Mike Mignola. Also, Liz Williams second Inspector Chen Novel, Demon in the city has another spectacular cover by John Foster. Charles Saunder’s heroic fantasy novel Imaro has a great cover by Vince Evans. And John Berkey has turned in the cover art for Volume 1 of our Hammer’s Slammers set. This first Slammers volume is at the printer and should be shipping in the first half of February.

That's about it for this time around. Catch you next time.

Jack
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   

Hey hey!

New customer here, you guys have some amazing products. Just wondering if you are still waiting on artwork from Mieville for the limited edition? I want to preorder it but don't want to wait a year for it to arrive. Heck, I may be at a different address by then! :D

Matt Hughes
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 03:44 pm:   

There's a glowing review of War Stories in the Denver Post.

Matt Hughes
www.archonate.com

Bruce Chrumka
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 04:18 pm:   

A brilliant collection and a beautiful book; I'm looking at my limited edition right now.

{Very] minor quibble - the list of his books has the two 'Attar' volumes but neither of his Star Trek efforts. 'Planet of Judgement' is actually pretty good and my favorite 'Trek' novel, back in the day when I read them.

There are only 175 of the limiteds printed and there's still some in stock?! Better buy yours now!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register