HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Imaro?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Imaro? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

inquiring_minds
Posted on Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 06:20 pm:   

So what's the deal with the upcoming Imaro stories? I read an interview with the author in which he describes five hardback books coming out, and I only see a paperback version listed on this web site. Are the hardbacks from someone else?

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 07:02 pm:   

Originally, we had planned on doing Imaro as a hardcover. Some marketplace pressures (ie lack of interest in the hard cover edition) compelled us to do it in trade paperback format. We are currently looking into the viability of a split run, with a very low number of hardcovers. As this project is going to the printer very soon, we should have a final answer on the hardcover soon, but right now, its not looking good.

lwmarti
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   

D**n! Double d**n!

That's a serious bummer.

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 12:07 am:   

Imaro Cover art is posted.

As is a detailed description of how the cover went from idea, to final implmentation, along with concept sketches, and intial designs.

http://jlassen.livejournal.com/340536.html

The book will be a trade paperback, and there won't be a hardcover. Sorry everyone. Its the best we could do. It still kicks ass, and is SIGFNICANTLY different from any previously published version of Imaro. It's at the printer now, and hopefully we will be seeing it soon.

Alex Bates
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 09:56 am:   

So, any idea when the third book will be available?

Henry Lopez
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 01:57 am:   

Hello,

As a fan of Imaro, I am also curious as to when the third book (and the plans for the fourth and fifth) will be out.

I see this was asked back in April and no answer, so consider this a friendly bump. '-)

Thanks,

Henry Lopez

Jason Frost
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 09:11 am:   

Add me to the list of people who love Imaro and are waiting for the 3rd book! This series was Absolutely. Amazing!!!

Nightshadebooks
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 05:57 pm:   

Sadly, based on sales of the first two books, there won't be a third book, at least from us. Serious bummer.

Jason

Jason Frost
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 03:52 pm:   

I'm EXTREMELY sad to hear that there won't be a 3rd Imaro (revised) book. I would be interested in getting this as a 'print on demand' book should you go that route.

Curious... if I get a copy of 'The Trail of Bohu' (the "old" part 3) how different will that story line be from the revised Imaro 2? If you guys don't publish this book then I sincerely hope SOMEONE does because you can't just stop a series THIS good, talent this obvious, a story THIS gripping, characters THIS good, because of the bottom line.

Jddennis
Username: Jddennis

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   

According to his website, Charles Saunders plans to continue the series as a self-published deal from lulu.

http://www.charlessaunderswriter.com/

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |