HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

A look at 2006

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » A look at 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Night Shade Books
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 12:19 am:   

I've just gotten done with a bunch of contracts, so we figured we'd give you a peek at 2006, as it looks so far.

Last Week's Apocalypse - Douglas Lain. Collection, good stuff. Introduction by Eileen Gunn.

The Lost District - Joel Lane. Collection.

Imaro - Charles Saunders. Heavily revised version of his classic heroic fantasy novel, with an introduction by Charles de Lint.

Lurker in the Lobby - Andrew Migliore & John Strysik. The definitive guide to Lovecraftian cinema, with a 16 page color section with art from folks like Mike Mignola and Bernie Wrightson.

Maul - Tricia Sullivan. Excellent science fiction novel. Jeremy describes it as Neal Stephenson meets Sheri Tepper. I don't know what that means either, but the novel is great.

Snake Moon - Ray Manzarek. Yes, the guy from The Doors. Part Civil War ghost story, part destruction of Eden, all good. Short novel, but full of grooviness.

Novel - Neal Asher. More Polity goodness in this original novel from Neal, and precursor of sorts to Skinner. We haven't got a title for it yet, which is a problem since I have to announce it to our distributor this week.

The Chains That You Refuse - Elizabeth Bear. Collection.

Dark Mondays - Kage Baker. A new collection, with an original pirate novella to anchor it.

Hart & Boot & Other Stories - Tim Pratt. This is a seriously great collection. If you liked Little Gods, you're going to love this.

A Cruel Wind - Glen Cook. The first in our series of omnibus volumes of Cook's Dread Empire novels. Jeff VanderMeer does an introduction to the original trilogy. Contains A Shadow of All Night Falling, October's Baby, and All Darkness Met.

The Demon and the City - Liz Williams. Detective Inspector Chen once again lands knee-deep in shit. Follow up to Snake Agent.

Pictures from an Expedition - Alex Irvine. Collection.

Novel - Jay Lake. Most likely to be called Trial of Flowers, and set in the world of his novella "The Soul Bottles" from Leviathan 4.

Majestrum - Matthew Hughes. First in a trilogy of Archonate novels featuring Henghis Hapthorn.

In addition, we'll be reprinting The Algebraist, Snake Agent and The Course of the Heart in trade paperback, and we'll be doing our usual array of classics. We'll finish off the Hodgson set, release a bunch of Clark Ashton Smith goodness, and the second volume of David Drake's Hammer's Slammers set.

Not all details are final, and there are some books we haven't mentioned yet, but that'll give you a taste of what's to come.

John Klima
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 05:45 am:   

As always, an exceptional line up. Great work man.

JK

JKS
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 08:14 am:   

And just as my credit cards are within sight of being under the credit limit... at least five must-buys!

Great line-up guys!

JKS

kellys
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   

'06 should be another great year. Any tentative release date for the first Ashton Smith book?

Jörn Grote
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:46 pm:   

A Glen Cook omnibus of the dread empire novels, cool.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 12:05 am:   

The Night Land goes to the printer this week, so should be out in late November, if all goes well.

Perdido is almost done, we're just waiting on a few pieces of art from China. Unfortunately, we're kinda stalled until we get them.

The first Smith volume is in progress. I had hoped to have it out this fall, but that's not likely at this point. We'll get it out as soon as possible, but we're still waiting on the editors at the moment.

kellys
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 06:05 am:   

Thanks for the info!

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 03:31 pm:   

Damn. At least seven of those I will be buying, and more likely 12 or so. . .

And by damn I mean yay, but ouch.

Swan
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 09:56 pm:   

And how is the first volume of Karl Edward Wagner's horror fiction progressing?

Liz
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 04:05 am:   

I'm delighted to be on the list!

trace
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 01:48 pm:   

quote:

We haven't got a title for it yet, which is a problem since I have to announce it to our distributor this week.

Yeah, that could be a problem. How about: Wouldn't You Like to Know, or I Got Yer Novel Title Right Here. Sure to be a big hit with your distributor.

I unashamedly admit I'm looking forward to most of these books. Especially the Sullivan reprint.

Night Shade Books
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 02:33 pm:   

The Asher novel is now called Prador Moon.

The first KEW horror fiction volume probably won't be out until 2007.

JKS
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 06:10 am:   

Hi Guys,

Couple of quick questions:

- Any idea when Prador Moon will be coming out?
- Will there be one of those nifty Night Shade limited editions?

best,

Jonathan

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |