HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Trying to get a response from Night S...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Trying to get a response from Night Shade Books « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rogerwjr
Username: Rogerwjr

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, August 20, 2009 - 02:59 pm:   

Is there anyway to contact anyone at Night Shade?

I've tried calling several times, but there is no answer and no option to leave a message. I've sent 3 emails over the last month and haven't received any response.

I ordered some books mid-June and was charged (nearly $80) for them a few days later.

It has been almost 2 months since I was charged and the order was listed as complete/shipped. I still haven't received the books

I am getting frustrated at spinning my wheels trying to get a response from anyone at the company.

Bsaenz24
Username: Bsaenz24

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, August 20, 2009 - 07:05 pm:   

Check the news section on the home page. They said they were behind on the shipping and apologized. They also had a computer problem with one of the computers with the email, so you might want to resend the email.

Rogerwjr
Username: Rogerwjr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 03:15 am:   

They've had problems with their email computer from July 13 through Aug 12? (the timeframe of the email inquiries I've sent)

Seems like a long time to let that kind of problem go without fixing it.

I'll try sending another email, but I'm not holding out much hope.

And the news says they are just now sending out Empire Unacquainted and Shadow Pavilion? I could have sworn that when I ordered back in June that the site said they were available when I ordered or at least within a week or so.

Sorry if I'm coming across snippy. I'm usually laid back and understanding about shipping delays and such but I've had the last month or so for my frustration to grow.

John_thiel
Username: John_thiel

Post Number: 174
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 11:42 am:   

Night Shade doesn't seem like a very talkative outfit.
I've got biff and zow

Emort18
Username: Emort18

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 06:12 pm:   

Several years ago I had the same problem. Order 3 or 4 books but one didn't come. After several months I sent many emails and never heard a thing.
Over 2 years later the book came out of the blue!
I was happy I got it,but never brought a Night Shade book again from the site or in a bookstore.
I reason that I happen to return here today was reading Locus Magazine Online, they have a story about the SFWA suspending Night Shade Books for not paying authors, not sending out statments to them and belive it or not not answering emails or phone calls from authors. Any thing they say about a temp. problem is a lie this has been going on for years.

Brainshades
Username: Brainshades

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 12:06 am:   

Documented issues/troubles aside - I've placed several orders with Night Shade in the past year, including taking advantage of the 50% off sales on advance orders... all books have been delivered ASAP after publication, well packaged, and in the case of the last several hardcover titles, much higher quality bindings and better overall production values than what we've seen on recent hardcovers such as "THE ALGEBRAIST" and "THE WINDUP GIRL".

I'm more than satisfied with the service I've received, and I have to say that I didn't have to contact anyone on my orders, shipping, etc. They've delivered as promised, no problems.

That being said, I don't believe every word of the politically correct'ish statement released concerning the e-book rights, royalties, etc... I think this whole thing is a case of a small business growing too fast to keep up with itself. Those trade paperback anthologies they've been putting out have moved in exceptional numbers and multiple, multiple printings. But there really are no excuses for their communications failures... they owned up to it publicly, and although I think they might've stretched the truth a bit with the statement, I don't think it's stretching the truth to say that their success has been more than they could handle.

Operationally they appear to be figuring it out and are pretty likely to overcome this and come out fine on the other side, which is good for all parties involved. I certainly hope they do as I think small press publishing is beneficial to everyone who reads or writes SF/Fantasy/Horror.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |