Award Nominees... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Award Nominees... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 09:38 am:   

I just wanted to officially congratulate all the folks who's work with Night Shade was recently nominated for awards.

First and foremost, Congratulations and thanks to Jack Cady, wherever you may be. It was an honor to work with you, and I am very pleased to see that GHOSTS OF YESTERDAY was recognized by the world fantasy Awards committee. For many reasons, this collection is a landmark in my life – I’ll never forget it, or you.

Congrats go out to Mike Harrison, for his British Fantasy Award nomination. THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPEN was a landmark collection, and I’m very proud to have Night Shade’s Logo on the spine, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to continue publishing your work.

And of course, congrats and thanks to Jeff Vandermeer. Being able to publish a hardcover edition of VENISS UNDERGROUND was a huge treat, and the recognition VENISS is getting (World Fantasy Award nomination) is well deserved.

Jeff shares congrats with Mark Roberts for the Herculean task of creating THE DISESE GUIDE, which justifiably, has been recognized with World Fantasy, Hugo, and British Fantasy Award nominations. Thanks to these two fine editors, and all of the many contributors, who managed to create something truly unique.

Finally, thanks to Kage Baker, for giving us the opportunity to do something completely out of the ordinary… publishing EMPRESS OF MARS as a limited edition hardcover was a stretch for Night Shade, but, as the depth and breadth of the awards nominations show, it was a very special story that deserved special treatment. Congrats for the Nebula nomination, and Sturgeon award, and good luck at the Hugos.

-JL
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kage Baker
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 05:51 pm:   

Thanks, Jeremy!
And congratulations on the latest nomination for the Lambshead Guide.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register