HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Glen Cook Glittering Stone series

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Glen Cook Glittering Stone series « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kyle144
Username: Kyle144

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 07:40 am:   

I just finished the second book of the south by Glen Cook and went crazy when I found out Silver Spike was a spinoff so I investigated and found that the next book I need to read is Bleak Seasons but its like 13 years old or something and isnt sold anywhere so I was wondering is there going to be an Omnibus for the four books and if so when is it possibly coming out?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ross_e_lockhart
Username: Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 09:46 am:   

Kyle -

Glen Cook's Black Company omnibuses are published by Tor, not Night Shade (even though they remarkably resemble our Dread Empire books), and as far as I know, they have yet to announce a third omnibus.

But while you're waiting for the next installment in the adventures of Croker and company, why not check out some of our Glen Cook offerings...

You're probably already aware of our Dread Empire omnibuses, A CRUEL WIND (the core Dread Empire trilogy) and A FORTRESS IN SHADOW (the two prequels). At the end of April we'll be releasing AN EMPIRE UNACQUAINTED WITH DEFEAT, which collects all of Glen Cook's Dread Empire short fiction, along with detailed story notes.

SUNG IN BLOOD is a freestanding fantasy novel best described as a high fantasy Doc Savage vs. Fu Manchu. It's a fun read, and easily one of my personal favorites among Cook's work.

If you enjoy Military SF, then PASSAGE AT ARMS is one you should definitely check out. Submarine warfare in space - as ideas go, how could you possibly go wrong with that? If, on the other hand, your SF preferences run towards Space Opera, then read THE DRAGON NEVER SLEEPS. That one's big idea SF in the grand tradition.

Later this spring, we will be publishing THE SWORDBEARER, a tale of revenge, destiny, and an ancient, strong-willed sword. This one's another personal favorite in Cook's canon.

And this summer we'll be publishing DARKWAR, an omnibus collecting the long out-of-print novels (which really read as one big novel anyway) DOOMSTALKER, WARLOCK, and CEREMONY. DARKWAR is stunning science fantasy on a grand scale, featuring an unforgettable female protagonist and outstanding worldbuilding. And it's got airships.

And there's more Glen Cook to come from Night Shade Books, so stay tuned.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |