HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Night Shade Books, Podcasts, and Adve...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Night Shade Books, Podcasts, and Advertising « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ross_e_lockhart
Username: Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 08:51 am:   

Do you listen to Escape Pod and/or Pseudopod? In their most recent episodes, podcasts of Michael Swanwick's "A Small Room in Koboldtown" and Celia Marsh's "Wounds" respectively, both podcasts have featured a new sponsor... us.

Yes, that's right. We're advertising, trying to get the word out on Walter Jon Williams's Implied Spaces and Liz Williams's The Shadow Pavilion.

Have you listened to either of these podcasts? If so, what did you think? Would you be more likely to pick up Implied Spaces or The Shadow Pavilion based on what you heard? Would you like to hear us do more of this sort of advertising?

Feel free to reply and let us know what you think.

Sincerely,

Ross E. Lockhart
Night Shade Books

Jks
Username: Jks

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 09:35 am:   

Hi Ross,

Yep, I heard the new ad on "Escape Pod" and it made me smile, but honestly it didn't make me any more likely to buy those books - 'cause I pre-ordered them ages ago! ;)

Best,

Jonathan

Jddennis
Username: Jddennis

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 09:11 am:   

I know it's a bit late to the conversation, but I do listen to both "Escape Pod" and "Pseudopod." I did hear the advertisements when they ran. And they made me very interested in the books. When the webscriptions e-books came out, I snapped both of them up because I had name recognition for both Implied Spaces and The Shadow Pavilion from the ads.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |