HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Clark Ashton Smith, Vol. 4

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Night Shade Books » Clark Ashton Smith, Vol. 4 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Clark Ashton Smith Volume 5Asshurbanipal14 02-15-12  03:02 am
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Infinitywaltz
Username: Infinitywaltz

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 09:59 am:   

Is Vol. 4 of the Clark Ashton Smith collected stories out yet?

Ross_e_lockhart
Username: Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 04:51 pm:   

Not yet. We're still awaiting final manuscripts from the editors. Once we have those in hand, the book will go to press, and be out shortly thereafter.

Infinitywaltz
Username: Infinitywaltz

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 07:10 pm:   

That explains why Amazon can't seem to find a copy. Then again, with the 50% off sale, I'm better off buying from you guys directly. 50% beats Amazon's 30% (or whatever they were offering) any day of the week.

Asshurbanipal
Username: Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 05:32 am:   

50% is only better than 30% if you can actually get your hands on the book. I've been waiting over three years for William Hope Hodgson Volume 5 (I even paid for it back in 2005) and Night Shade Books not only fail to keep their customers fully informed regards the progress of this title but they positively refuse to answer my emails. I also have the Clark Ashton Smith series on order, but if Hodgson is anything to go by we might all be dead before Vols 4 and 5 hit the press. Luckily they're committed to publishing quality books in a range of genres: if they didn't give a damn we really would be in trouble.

Mongrove
Username: Mongrove

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 01:11 pm:   

The latest publication date (as of June 16, 2008) states September 2008. Something to shoot for?

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 02:56 am:   

Hi Mongrove
Don't get your hopes up. I think they mean September 2028. Or 2038. Or something.

Jlassen
Username: Jlassen

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 06:19 pm:   

Hey Mr. Ass(...)I've emailed you and asked if you want a refund. As to not responding to you, which email have you been sending stuff to? I haven't been ignoring you, I've just haven't seen any emails.

The editors for Smith are moving at their own pace... I had deadlines which, for various reasons (one had a heart attack for example) they haven't been able to meet. Per my stance on Hodgson, I want to do the classic fiction right instead of quickly.

Anybody who is so terribly dismayed by the delays that they can't wait are welcome to a refund. Subcribers can return the books they have already recieved, and 50% off purchases can email me their information.

I appreciate Mr. Ass(...)'s enthusiasm, and interest in classic wierd fiction, so will not judge him too harshly for being rude. He's frustrated, so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

I'm sure he will throw my words back in my face and attack me, and he's perfectly welcome to do so. But I stand my my reputation as a publisher and a gentleman.

In my mind, Mr Ass(...) has only sullied his own reputation with his recent outbursts. To Night Shade's customers, and random passer-by-ers, please feel free to judge us both as you see fit.

peace,
-jl

Asshurbanipal

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 01:05 am:   

Mr Lassen
Dear Sir
Thank you for replying. I have no intention of attacking you, I merely wanted a reply, which I haven't previously received. Nor have I received an offer of a refund. What I posted with regards to WHH 5 were quotes from your own news-letters. What I received in reply were gratuitous insults. Thank you for cutting me some slack, as a gentleman would, and I duly apologise from firing from the hip, but frustration is born of not knowing what's going on. Please therefore could you give an estimated publication date for WHH 5, given that you recently stated 2-3 months (February, I believe), and will CAS definitely be out in 2009? Your books are always superbly produced, otherwise I wouldn't care whether I received them or not. Again please accepy my apologies for any offence caused.

Darms
Username: Darms

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 09:16 am:   

Yet another impatient reader awaiting your Clark Ashton Smith Vol. 4. Unfortunately it and Vol 5 have some of my favourite stories, the sole copies of which I have now are in decaying paperbacks. I'm 52, hopefully you will finish these volumes in my lifetime, eh?

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 03:20 am:   

Hi
Clark Ashton Smith Volume 4 had been rescheduled for January 2009, but now doesn't get a mention in your updated publication list. Do you still plan to release Vols 4 and 5 in 2009, as previously promised? Nice pussy.

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 07:25 am:   

Asshurbanipal -

Whoops! Guess I missed that one on the list. CAS4 is still on track for Jaunary, with CAS5 following in May.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 08:12 am:   

Hi Ross
Many thanks

Adhoc
Username: Adhoc

Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 07:58 am:   

hi.

i wonder if you could update the pub date for CAS4 and CAS5?

Darms
Username: Darms

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:53 am:   

And now that it's February 2009, any status updates on CAS Vol. 4?

Adhoc

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 08:17 am:   

i'm trying not to panic but i've been trying to call NSB and there hasn't been any answer for over a week.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 02:12 pm:   

January done run out, cats, but NSB don't much like criticism so what can you do?

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 12:17 pm:   

Hi Adhoc
Any luck contacting NSB? I've heard nothing as yet and there's no update on WHH Volume 5 or CAS Volume 4 (both rescheduled for last month). I won't say too much or I'll get insulted again.

Adhoc

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 08:17 pm:   

status quo. no news and still no one answering the phones. i don't want to get insulted but i'm getting worried.

i'm off on vacation for the next two weeks so you'll have to keep an eye on this. please post any updates so i can know something when i get back...

Alvinfox
Username: Alvinfox

Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 09:51 pm:   

Hi everyone. I got an email today. Here's what it says...

"Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we've been wrapped up in negotiating the year's schedule, and I didn't want to announce anything without having release dates chiseled in stone. Clark Ashton Smith Volume 4 is currently scheduled for an April 15 release. Hodgson Volume 5 will come a couple weeks earlier, approximately March 30. Preorders will complete processing and the book will ship just as soon as we have it in hand."

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 09:51 am:   

The final missing piece of Clark Ashton Smithís The Collected Fantasies, Volume 4: The Maze of the Enchanter arrived this week, and weíre thrilled to announce that itís an introduction by the illustrious Gahan Wilson. Canít wait that long? Then click here for a sneak peek at the introduction:

http://www.nightshadebooks.com/2009/03/24/gahan-wilsons-introduction-to-clark-as hton-smith-volume-4/

Both Smith Volume 4 and The Collected Fiction of William Hope Hodgson, Volume 5: The Dream of X and Other Fantastic Visions are undergoing one final round of editorial attention before heading off to the printer, and should be out by early May. The Collected Fiction of William Hope Hodgson, Volume 2: The House on the Borderland and Other Mysterious Places will be reprinted side-by-side with Volume 5.

Bsamyn
Username: Bsamyn

Posted on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 03:57 pm:   

I have a question. I've pre-ordered some time ago - still on the old website - volumes 4 & 5 of Clark Ashton Smith's Collected Fantasies. When the website changed I asked if my pre-orders would continue to be valid and was told this was so (I hope this is still the case ). So I was not worried at all, not even by the delay in publishing. But now I see on the website and on this discussion forum that volume 4 is mentioned as the final missing piece! So what happened to volume 5?

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 05:01 pm:   

Bsamyn -

Smith Volume 5 will be published later this year. the "missing piece" referenced above was the introduction to Volume 4. And yes, preorders are still valid.

Bsamyn
Username: Bsamyn

Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 01:38 pm:   

Thanks Ross for the answer. I really appreciate this clarification. I've always enjoyed the NS Books, keep up the good work.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 08:15 am:   

Hi Ross
I take it that CAS4 is still scheduled for May 1st?

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 03:49 pm:   

Asshurbanipal -

Looks like Smith's going to be shipping right around the end of May. As soon as I have a solid ship date from the printer, I'll be posting it to the main page.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 08:20 am:   

Hi Ross
You said earlier that CAS4 was listed for January 2009 with CAS5 for May. Vol 4 has progressively slipped to March, April, May and now June 12, with no further mention of CAS5. Some of us old-timers can feel the breeze from the black wings of oblivion descending insidiously upon us, and the night-gaunts titter insanely just out of sight. Can we take it as gospel that this latest deadline is chiseled in stone, or do we face the prospect of the last hieroglyph being erased ere these volumes see the light of day? I, for one, would be unable to leave a forwarding address.

Papab
Username: Papab

Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 11:18 am:   

I'm still waiting for Vol #3 of the Clark Ashton Smith collected stories. Apparently vol #4 is out or almost out and I have not received it either. What is going on?

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 10:13 pm:   

CAS4 is shipping now. Because we've brought a lot of books to print in a short period of time (seriously, we're talking 20 books in a two month period), we've got a good-sized backlog of orders. We are working our way through these orders as quickly as humanly possible.

Pabab - We spoke on the phone last week. You should have your books by now.

Adhoc

Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 05:37 pm:   

have you shipped to amazon yet? they haven't alerted me that the book is on the way.

Adhoc

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 05:47 pm:   

sorry. should have mentioned that it's amazon.ca.

thanks.

i'm dying to get this!

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 02:58 am:   

Hi cats
When you posted that Smith 4 had arrived early I was overjoyed, but slap my turkey, I ain't seen it yet. I know you cats is busy, but I'm starting to wonder whether my order is still good. Alvinfox (I went to school with someone called Alvin Fox) posted that his copy arrived June 25th, and I'm trying to be patient, but, shoot, maybe you forgot me or something.
While I'm here, does anyone know why you never see Peter Falk and Mahmood Ahmadinajad in the same room?

Ningauble
Username: Ningauble

Posted on Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 09:45 am:   

I don't think there's cause for worry yet, Asshurbanipal. None of the subscribers at the Eldritch Dark forum has got it yet either.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 03:05 pm:   

Hello Ningauble, and greetings to all at the Eldritch Dark (if anybody hasn't visited the ED, go there now - it's magic). Looks like I'll have to hunker down some more and see what transpires. I'm already staring at the postman in the mornings like a labrador - Lord Dunsany had it right. Strange to think that if I hadn't preordered I could have got it half price anyway. Best wishes to CAS fans in whichever dimension they be.

Bobby_5150
Username: Bobby_5150

Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 06:50 pm:   

It looks like that a couple of people over at The Eldritch Dark have got their copy of Vol.4. I hope this means we will be seeing our copies soon. I must say that I'm not happy that Amazon customers got their copies before I got mine. I ordered Vol. 4 & 5 over two years ago.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 12:42 am:   

Still watching that mailbox... Hope you've got some left ...

Adhoc

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 09:26 am:   

Hey.

I ordered on amazojn.ca and i still haven't got mine. what gives? has this gone to a second printing?

Eds
Username: Eds

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 03:05 pm:   

Amazon.ca hasn't gotten their stock in yet.

Bobby_5150

Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 03:41 pm:   

Has anyone who pre-ordered from Nightshade Books gotten their book yet.

Adhoc

Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 02:54 pm:   

hey Eds... i guess i knew that amazon.ca hasn't got stock yet. any idea of an ETA?

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 04:13 pm:   

Hi Ross
On June 20th you posted that CAS4 was shipping. More than a month later I still don't have mine. I know you're busy, and you can call me Mr Ass if you like, but at least tell me that my order is still good, that you have some copies left, and when NSB might be getting around to putting this in the post to Good Old Blighty. The idea that no news is good news is plain bunk - please give me a clue as to what jives.

Cmc
Username: Cmc

Posted on Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 11:05 am:   

I subscribed, and I don't have my copy yet, either. As I live outside Los Angeles, I'd expect to get something shipped from San Francisco pretty quickly.

Ningauble

Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 07:09 pm:   

A subscriber over at the Conan forum posted the following from Night Shade on July 17:

<<When we relaunched the Night Shade website in early 2008, we were unable to carry over accounts from the old software to the new. As a result, you will need to create a new account in order to place new orders.

Preorders are tracked separately, so your Clark Ashton Smith subscription is safe. Shipping is currently a bit backlogged, but I expect we will be shipping Smith volume 4 starting next week. If your mailing address has changed, please let us know as soon as possible.>>

So according to that estimate, the first books should have gone out by the end of w. 30. Did that in fact happen?

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 12:12 am:   

Hi fellers
Ross posted June 20th that CAS4 was already shipping. Did he mean just the new orders? Are pre-orders shipping last, as of July 24th? Still watching that mailbox...
Customers who pre-order are surely rather valuable? They put money into your account up-front, where it can either earn interest or be used to ease any cash flow problems that may arise unexpectedly. First come, last served, if such be the case, ain't such a hot move.

Bobby_5150

Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 05:59 pm:   

Let me start off by saying that I'm NOT going to stop buying books from Night Shade Books. Between Subterranean, NESFA and Night Shade, you guys put out some of the best books available. Now that that is out of the way, let me say that the way that the pre-order customers are being treated total bullshit. I paid for my book over two years ago, and some people even longer. It was posted that CAS4 started shipping on
June 20th. That's over a month ago and we still don't have our fucking book. And yet I can go over to Amazon.com and get the book tomorrow. We are the bird in the hand, yet
Night Shade Books treats us like the Ugly Red-headed Stepchild.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 11:43 am:   

Smith Volume 4 finally started shipping this week. Between all the new product (20+ titles) arriving over the last couple of months, the realization that we'd outgrown our San Francisco warehouse (a garage) and needed to move our backstock into temporary storage, and the recent sale (which a number of customers used as means to update address information and modify standing orders), we've been swamped. We aren't deliberately mistreating anybody; shipping hundreds of packages takes time. Please keep in mind that Night Shade Books does not have a dedicated shipping department; unlike certain online booksellers, orders aren't picked and packed by robots, but by people who are also very busy with production of forthcoming books, books that we are committed not to deliver to the marketplace late. We realize now that our direct shipping process is flawed, and are currently working to make the process more efficient and fair. We're sorry for the delay.

Bobby_5150

Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 12:00 pm:   

Ross, thank you for giving us an update.

Adhoc

Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 08:44 pm:   

Great news! me, i don't mind waiting for the books, i'd just like to know when they're arriving. i will happily continue to support NSB because they do fantastic books that i really love. i'm verty glad to hear that even in these tough tims they seem to be flourishing and even happier to see so many impassioned posts about these titles on the boards. i worked in publishing for twenty years and every year someone was proclaming the death of books.

yay books! yay NSB!

keep up the great work and best wishes for your continued success.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 03:10 am:   

Hi Ross
Now that you're here, would this be a good time to ask about Clark Ashton Smith 5? On December 12th 2008 you posted that CAS5 would be out in May 2009. Given that I'm still waiting for CAS4, this question may seem a little premature, but it would be comforting to know what progress has been made towards the completion of this project, and whether the light at the end of the tunnel is just a train coming the other way.
PS. I know you like your music. I wrote a song for Johnny Cash, but he got promoted to glory and doesn't need it now. It would have sounded something like a cross between "Big Bad John" and "A Boy Named Sue." If you would like to see a copy, can do.

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 10:18 am:   

Asshurbanipal: Right now, Smith 5 looks to be out by approximately March 2010. Editors Scott Connors and Ron Hilger have until December 30 to deliver the Smith 5 manuscript; once we have the manuscript in hand, we still need to build and edit the book, which is more-or-less a three month process. That said, if the pieces fall into place and we can get the book out earlier, we will.

As for the song, I'd love to hear it.

Ningauble

Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 01:06 pm:   

Thanks for the info, Ross! Then I can edit my "Books to look out for" list accordingly, and move the cost for CAS 5 to my 2010 book budget (which, in a sense, was welcome). :-)

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 34
Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 03:10 am:   

Hi Ross
This is supposed to be tongue in cheek, like that song, "I got it once piece at a time and it didn't cost me a dime."

I took my auto to the local yard.
I says, "Living without it will sure be hard."
And the man says, "Son, you come back soon.
I'll have it running real sweet by June."

So I go back in June and the man says, "Son,
Tuning your car's been a whole lot of fun,
But there's one or two things I forgot to remember.
Give me a break and come back in September."

I go back in the fall with the leaves turning brown
And the yard man says, with a hint of a frown,
"Don't rush me, son, I'll finish some day.
Just take a walk and come back in May."

Months turn to years and the years turn to dust,
And my poor little roadster has gone all to rust,
And the man says, "Son," as I walk in the gate,
"I've got some bad news, you left it too late.
Don't get riled, boy, don't get sore,
But they just don't make the parts any more."

Cmc
Username: Cmc

Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 03:59 pm:   

My copy of volume 4 arrived today.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 05:29 am:   

Hi Ross
Back in 2005 (March 17) NSB posted that subscribers to the Collected Clark Ashton Smith in 5 volumes would receive a free tpb as a bonus, i. e. Tales of India & Irony, being Smith's non-fantasy stories, ONLY available to subscribers. CAS5 was due in 2007, but okay, stuff happens, so now it's scheduled for March 2010. Will Tales of India & Irony appear at the same time, and can subscribers look forward to receiving both tomes in the same box?

Adhoc

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 02:19 pm:   

Just got word that my copy of CAS4 is on the way and should arrive next week. i can't wait to read it!

Thanks NSB. Now to just get CAS5...

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 12:42 am:   

CAS4 just arrived, and looks great. Many thanks. I shall relish this one. Next stop March 2010 - CAS5 plus Tales of India & Irony.

Ningauble

Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 02:41 am:   

I've got it! I've got it! It arrived on August 5, but I've been away so I didn't know about until last night when I found the slip from the post office on the doormat.

THANKS Night Shades!

Ningauble

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 06:10 am:   

Asshurbanipal,

Scott Connors posted on the Eldritch Dark forum that the John Hay Library still hasn't sent him copies of all the manuscripts that he needs for the fifth volume, so I don't think the "March 2010" date should be considered chiselled in stone. But we can hope.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 12:42 am:   

Hi Ningauble
I don't mean to offend anyone, but I wasn't holding my breath for March. Thanks for the info, however. As a sideline, NSB haven't updated their intentions with regard to the free CAS tpb "Tales of India & Irony." Does anybody else remember this special offer, and would they still like to receive it? Yours in Tsathoggua, and drop into "The Sign of the Infected Skull" sometime for a beer or two.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:03 am:   

Hi gang
Moving? How will this affect existing orders? Your last move resulted in some chaos, with customers having to reregister and so forth (bearing in mind that one man's chaos is another man's ongoing rationalisation of preexisting anomalies). Will this delay CAS5 still further, having already slipped to 2011? No undue criticism intended, gang, merely an observation. Still, I do have some spiffing stuff from Hippocampus to read first, and I can always order some more to pass the time. I also hear that Reginald Glanville's "Infected Skull" will soon be back in print, so there's one to look forward to with suitable salivation. Peace in Tsathoggua.

Ningauble

Posted on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 11:46 am:   

Asshurbanipal, the page for CAS5 still says "September 2010". Do you know something I don't?

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 03:09 am:   

Hi Ningauble
Sorry. I'm having dyslexic porbmels.

Ningauble

Posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 08:40 am:   

No worries, A. You just frightened me. :-)

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 08:17 am:   

Well folks, here we are, middle of June, so Clark Ashton Smith Volume 5 should be approaching its final shape, not to mention Tales of India & Irony. Cover art should be under way, final lay-out and proof-reading and so on and so forth. Can hardly wait till September. Will both books be shipped together, or will they travel separately? Just wondered, Jez.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 03:00 am:   

So now Volume 5 is November? Who believes you? What about Tales of India & Irony? What a joke.

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 07:21 am:   

Asshurbanipal: No joke. We've had to move CAS5 to November in order to accommodate the schedule needs of the creative/editorial parties involved. Once we have the full manuscript and cover art in hand, we will be fasttracking production (layout, copyediting, ARC production, print queuing, etc.) of the book, and it will print and ship as soon as it's done. October is optimistic, November is most likely. TALES OF INDIA AND IRONY is complete, will print and ship alongside CAS5.

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 07:29 am:   

PS: In the meantime, while you're waiting for CAS5, why not check out some of our recent releases? Laird Barron's OCCULTATION, Walter Jon Williams' THE GREEN LEOPARD PLAGUE AND OTHER STORIES, Jonathan Strahan's WINGS OF FIRE, Amelia Beamer's THE LOVING DEAD, and THE BEST OF KIM STANLEY ROBINSON are all shipping now, and within the next few weeks, Tim Pratt's SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL, John Langan's HOUSE OF WINDOWS (trade paperback) and John Joseph Adams' THE LIVING DEAD 2 will be shipping.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 44
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 02:08 pm:   

Hi Ross
Nope, dollars are scarce these days, whatever name they go by (pounds, euros, pieces of eight, etc). Snag with Smith is that NSB are serial offenders, this being just one more delay of many. Let's face it, when we get to November the publication date will simply move to March 2011, and then probably June 2011. When exactly was it that Smith 5 was 'set in stone?' Put me down as picky if you like, but really I'm just disillusioned and embittered.

Ross_e_lockhart

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 09:35 pm:   

Production update: Final CAS5 manuscript texts have begun arriving, and we are laying out the book as the pieces come in. There's still quite a bit of work ahead before CAS5 becomes a book, but we are still on track for a November 2010 publication date.

In other news, Tim Pratt's anthology collecting the best Satanic short fiction, SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL and John Langan's chilling deconstruction of the literary haunted house, HOUSE OF WINDOWS (trade paperback) have arrived in our warehouse and are shipping now. Looking for something to read while you're waiting for CAS5? I highly recommend both of these books.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 51
Posted on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 02:54 pm:   

How's it shaping fellers? I'm particularly concerned about Tales of Irony & India. On July 14th 2010 Ross E. Lockhart said, "Tales of Irony & India is complete, will print and ship alongside CAS5," but on September 23rd Scott Connors said, "There are some interesting developments on that front, but I'm not yet at liberty to discuss them on an open forum," and then on October 6th, "I still can't discuss what's in the works." Either the book was complete last July or it wasn't, and Scott isn't telling anyone what he knows, apart from the fact that NSB won't be selling the book but it will be allocated by Scott, who, incidentally, is going to squirrel away any spare copies so he can cash in later when scarcity has forced up the price. Now that's what I call business integrity. So which is it, gang? Complete? Otherwise? Shipping with CAS5 or not? And will subscribers still get theirs or do we have to negotiate with Scott and make a contribution to his pension fund?

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 07:52 am:   

Hi gang
Permit me to ask, will Clark Ashton Smith be with me for Christmas?

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 54
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2011 - 03:09 am:   

Hi gang
How's it going? Sure is quiet. Too quiet. December 6th still go for Miscellaneous Writings, aka Tales of India & Irony? That's the date on the Eldritch Dark forum anyway. My big stocking's out for this one, just to make sure that Insanity Claus can get it in. Hope y'all is still there.

Asshurbanipal

Post Number: 55
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 10:15 am:   

January? Promise?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |