HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Ministry of Whimsy Site News

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Ministry of Whimsy » Ministry of Whimsy Site News « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Simanoff
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 07:29 pm:   

The Ministry of Whimsy Web site has been updated: http://www.ministryofwhimsy.com/

Our Ministers of Propoganda have removed "false" information and have replaced it with "the truth." We have done this because we love you.

-The Ministry of Whimsy

Minister of Information
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 11:55 am:   

The Ministry is proud to announce that it will be publishing Zoran Zivkovic's collected stories under the title Impossible Stories in late 2004--a follow up to the Ministry's publication of The Fourth Circle earlier in 2004.

Zoran Zivkovic
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 01:29 am:   

IMPOSSIBLE STORIES are my collected story-suits, containing TIME GIFTS, IMPOSSIBLE ENCOUNTERS, SEVEN TOUCHES OF MUSIC, THE LIBRARY and STEPS THROUGH THE MIST.

An identical edition will be brought out in Spain by Minotauro in April 2004.

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 04:53 am:   

So IMPOSSIBLE STORIES is going to be a massive collection of those five collections?

Night Shade Books
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 05:24 am:   

Yep. It'll be a big fat book of Zorany goodness. You'll want lots of copies.

Jason

John Klima
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 06:25 am:   

I like big fat books, can it come out sooner?

JK

Robert Devereux
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 08:08 am:   

Figures - once I get most of the books in separate editions (I'm only missing Steps Through the Mist) a collection will come out. After getting it, I can use the books I currently have as presents, to let others sample the Zorany goodness.

I just started Seven Touches of Music this morning.

-Robert

Mastadge
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 08:20 am:   

I second the "sooner" idea. :-)

I'm really looking forward to reading some of these books, but if there's a big collection coming out, that's incentive to wait rather than buying them individually now. But that sounds like *really* long wait, now.

Zoran Zivkovic
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 01:03 pm:   

I think I'll have to stop offering my editions. I guess this will be stipulated in my contract with Ministry of Whimsy/Night Shade books. Even if not, that would be only fair to do.

It seems that my story-suits are going to be a sort of a rarity for about a year and a half. Collectors' items, in fact. All of you, who have been clairvoyant enough to obtain them in time, could now make a small fortune by selling your copies at an auction...

I hope, Robert, that you'll like Steps through the Mist. If you think you could be interested to read some reviews of it, I would gladly provide you with the links.

Zoran

Forrest
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 09:03 pm:   

Nope, can't be sooner. We put out quality books - this takes time. I don't want to short-shrift any of the Leviathan 4 authors by being hasty in my decisions for the anthology, nor do I want to do a rush job on Zoran's books (both of them!), so we'll get them out as soon as we can without compromising the integrity of work that the Ministry is known for. There are other projects in the works and MSS to be read. Patience, patience - all will be rewarded, in time. I promise, every Ministry book will be worth the wait.

;-)

Forrest

Robert Devereux
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 07:27 am:   

Zoran: I'd be interested in readying reviews of Steps Through the Mist, although I'm sure it will be something I enjoy. Everything I've read so far has been good.

Forrest: I'd rather wait and have a great book. If the book is worth publishing, taking the time to make sure everything is done right is worth it.

-Robert

Zoran Zivkovic
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 09:41 am:   

Robert: Here are links and references to some of the reviews of Seven Touches of Music:

http://www.sfsite.com/11a/7t115.htm
http://www.locusmag.com/2002/Reviews/Horton02_Zivkovic.html
LOCUS, February 2003, pp. 25/74
The New York Review of Science Fiction, #171

I hope you'll find them interesting and useful.

Zoran

John William Thiel
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 05:43 am:   

There doesn't seem to be any new bites on the Ministry of Whimsey.

Jeremy Lassen
Posted on Friday, June 23, 2006 - 02:28 pm:   

There was about a year where Night Shade was publishing the Ministry titles, but the brand has always been owned by Jeff VanderMeer, who has since put the press on hiatus, to focus on his writing career.

I probably should let Jeff answer the question, but He hasn't... so here I am.

PS
Jeff, register your account already. :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |