HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Leviathan 4 Cover

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Ministry of Whimsy » Leviathan 4 Cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Forrest
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 06:31 pm:   

Here is the Leviathan 4 cover art. Enjoy!

Forrest Aguirre

Lev4cover

Forrest
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 06:16 am:   

The cover artist is Myrtle Von Dammitz III, a New Orleans surrealist who also did the cover art for the hardbound Nightshade limited edition of Jeff VanderMeer's VENISS UNDERGROUND.

Robert Devereux
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 07:51 am:   

I was just going to ask if Myrtle had done the cover. I really like what I've seen from her so far. I was able to find an online gallery: http://www.barristersgallery.com/myrtle.html

Forrest
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 10:28 am:   

One of the great joys of doing Lev 4 was choosing the cover art, and Myrtle does marvellous work. My jaw dropped when I first saw the painting that we're now using for the cover art.

At the World Fantasy Convention, I showed a poster of the cover to Paula Guran, who said "I don't like it." I said "Yes, but you can't put it down." She looked at the poster, looked at me, looked at the poster again, then up at me and said "You're right. I can't put it down." I told her "See, it's like crack. You might not like it, but you can't put it down. As for me, I like it!" As did everyone else who saw the posters - well, at least the ones that talked with me about it. It really is more striking in person than it is on the computer screen. Not that the jpeg doesn't carry its own firepower!

ben peek
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 03:52 pm:   

well, i like it. i think it's totally neat.

John Klima
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 - 07:07 am:   

I like it. It reminds me of old 1980's death/black metal album covers. That's not meant as a slight, either. It particularly reminds me of Slayer's RIEGN IN HELL cover.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000062YAZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

See for yourself.

JK

Forrest
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 06:52 am:   

I'm very glad you guys like it. Thanks for your comments. I'd be glad if you hated it, too. It's ambivalence that terrifies me!

Forrest

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |