HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Hardbacks!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Elastic Press » Hardbacks! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Hook
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 03:10 am:   

Our next title, "The Ephemera" by Neil Williamson, is about to go down in Elastic Press history as our first title available not only as a paperback, but as a limited edition hardback!

The hardback run will be limited to 26 lettered, signed editions. Needless to say I'm expecting these to sell out very quickly, so if you want to grab a copy you'll need to get your orders in now. In the States, our sole stockist for the hardback is Shocklines who have taken ten copies. Pre-orders can be taken there NOW where the book is priced at $35.00. The remaining sixteen copies will only be available direct from Elastic Press. Whilst pre-order info is yet to be added to the website, I am taking pre-orders as of NOW by paypal to elasticpress@elasticpress.com. The price for the hardcover is £15.00 plus £1.50 p&p. (UK orders only)

Needless to say, there will also be a paperback run for this book.

The actual publication date is 1st May 2006 (although it will be officially launched during Eastercon in Glasgow mid-April).

Book info follows:

Nothing lasts forever. Everything is ephemeral.

Time slips by, people change, happiness is fleeting.

Neil Williamson's collection of bittersweet tales features fourteen stories of impermanence: from the ends of love affairs and the brief sanity of wartime convalescence, to the fading away of old languages and the dying of humanity itself.

An artist communicates solely through a bizarre mosaic, a father and his dying daughter seek hope in plague-ridden Scotland, a London pensioner’s existence is inextricably bound to that of his pet canary, and in the jungles of Borneo a criminal searches for his missing son hoping for reconciliation before the end of the world.

"Emotionally complex and displaying a keen eye for detail, the stories in Neil Williamson's collection The Ephemera are a rich and rewarding read from a stylish new Scottish talent" – Jeff Vandermeer

"Subtle, evocative and compelling, The Ephemera is a collection that shines with reflection and intelligence" - Liz Williams

Get those orders in now!

neilw
Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 04:02 am:   

Hooray for Elastic!

I won't reiterate my gushing from my own thread below, but I will reiterate my gratitude to Elastic Press for believing in this book.

With Gregor Scharff's lovely artwork, it will be a thing of beauty.

KeithB
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 04:29 am:   

I'm looking forward to it!

Andrew Hook
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 03:24 am:   

Those of you that bought copies of the 26 edition lettered and signed hardback of Neil Williamson's The Ephemera will have noticed that your specific letter was accompanied by a simple comment or phrase. This was Neil's idea - which I liked so much I'll use suitably varied for our next title - and the full list was as below:

The A to Z of Ephemera

A is for the Air in your lungs
B is for Beauty, and Bounty
C is for Childhood
D is for Death (subjectively speaking)
E is not for Eternity, nor is it for Ever
F is for Fortune, Fame and Fifteen minutes
G is for the Golden Age (whenever *that* was)
H is for a Heartbeat
I is for Inspirations, Innovations and Ideas
J is for the Journey, which after all is half the fun
K is for Karma and Korma, but both bring a warm glow
L is for Laughter, Loneliness and Love
M is for Musician and Money, rare companions
N is for Now, but never for Never
O is for Old age
P is for Polaroids
Q is for Quantum. There’s nothing more ephemeral than Quantum
R is for Rain
S is for Spots, Sex and Sea monkeys
T is for Tears, Tantrums and Trust
U is for the Universe, from bang to crunch
V is for Vinyl
W is for a Wish, and the Whisper that carries it
X is for a teenager’s belief in the power of mail-order X-ray specs
Y is for Youth
Z is for the Zephyr of memory, brushing us with recall then snatching it away

The hardbacks are long gone, of course, but the paperback is available now :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |