Horroscope Interview Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Battersby, Lee » Horroscope Interview « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lee Battersby
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 07:24 pm:   

Horroscope, the Australian Dark Fiction information website, have just posted an interview they conducted with me a month or so ago. Check it out at http://www.ozhorrorscope.blogspot.com/

AT
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 12:37 pm:   

You've done it this time! "I want their brain to change shape," you admitted in this interview. So now I've got grounds to sue. I wondered why after reading your latest story, my brain twisted itself into a figure eight.

Lee Battersby
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 07:54 pm:   

If you put your hair up into a bun it should hide any unusual cranial configurations :-)

Geoffrey Maloney
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 10:48 pm:   

I put my hair in a bun once, but it tasted better in a sandwich. (We'll, it is New Year's day in Brisbane.)

Geoffrey Maloney
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 11:13 pm:   

Okay, I read the interview. It was good honest stuff. I liked the bit about the marketing angle, but I always feel that as short story writers it's all in the hands of what the editors can do with their magazines and anthologies. The readership for most places we get published, Lee, is just so small. Shit, it's small even in Australian terms. I sometimes think that short stories are a dying art, but in this age of people being time-starved you would think they'd be thriving.

Lee Battersby
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 11:13 pm:   

Try toasting it. Although toasted hair is welsh rabbit. And nobody wants that much cheese in their hare. Where are my pills?

Geoffrey Maloney
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 12:17 am:   

In the bottom drawer of your desk. Toasted hare is welsh rarebit? I prefer your hare in a bun. I think I finally got the double-joke in that old Monty Python skit.

Hopefully the Yankees have finally hit 2006 by now. It must be strange living on the other side of the international dateline. I flew to the US once and arrived before I left, and people think time travel stories are hard to write. Weird.

Okay the board's telling me, when I edit, that we've hit 12.11 am in the US. Happy New Year to everyone.

Lee, it's been fun. See you on the night of the AAs. The kids are waiting:-)

Lee Battersby
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 03:03 pm:   

Looking forward to catching up, Geoff. Most of my favourite OzSF people are in Brisbane, and an awful lot more turn up on AA night.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration