HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

science fiction weekly

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Infinity Plus » science fiction weekly « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Keith Brooke
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 04:30 am:   

Just seen this: we were site of the week last week at Science Fiction Weekly, with a lovely write-up:
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/sites/sfw12962.html

Alistair Rennie
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 02:50 am:   

I've always loved the Infinity Plus site, Keith. It's been a great resource of discovering new authors for me. Nice to see this acknowledgment.

anna tambour
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 02:02 am:   

Infinity plus is consistently excellent and always beautifully set, so nothing gets in the way of a great read. Thanks so much for keeping its standards the highest and its content constantly added to all these years, Keith. You've never even had a fund drive, have you?

John William Thiel
Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 09:53 am:   

It's nice to see this honor signified elsewhere by the one receiving it. Most of the sites of the week editors are not people I see elsewhere on forums or other fansites.

Keith Brooke
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 04:29 am:   

Thanks, all. It's lovely to be acknowledged by this kind of thing every so often. Believe it or not we've been going for nearly nine years now!

Fund drive, Anna? What's one of those then? Funding the site is a continual headache, but we've managed to keep going so far...

anna tambour
Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 04:08 pm:   

A tips cup? Do they work, anyone? I'm serious that this is such a wonderful site and service, and it shouldn't be this headache. Does ip have paypal facilities or some way to send funds easily?

What do others think? Is a fund drive a good idea?
I would love to contribute. There isn't any place that I've been as pleased to have my stories online as on ip. The company they keep!

Keith Brooke
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 04:55 am:   

So what does a fund drive entail? What do Strange Horizons do?

I've always been in a bit of a catch22 with infinity plus: it takes so much time and effort away from what I should be doing (little things like writing my own books and having a life) that the prospect of doing extras like trying to raise funds to lift some of the burden just doesn't get done... It's been fun, though!

Keith Brooke
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 04:59 am:   

Yes, IP has a paypal button on the home page, and similar links scattered throughout the site. I added this about a year ago and we've had one donation so far!

Keith Brooke
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 04:28 am:   

Ah - we ask for donations on the home page, but could probably be a bit more inyerface about it than we are at present. Perhaps I should do some annual costings and put up a message saying how far short of that we are - ie how much I'm subsidising the site! I dread to think how much I've spent on it over the past 9 years, but I don't want to be seen to be grumbling: it's been a great experience to work with all these authors and readers, and I wouldn't have had it any different.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |