HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Upcoming on IP?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Infinity Plus » Upcoming on IP? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Sullivan
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 06:13 pm:   

I wonder if you could give us a sneak peek at highlights of upcoming IP updates. What interviews are in the works, fiction?

Keith
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 05:05 am:   

Let me see...

I don't have the definitive list to hand as I'm on my lunchbreak at work, but I know we have interviews with Ian McDonald, Chris Priest, Michael Bishop and Connie Willis (plus a story from Connie); we have another story from Anna Tambour, whose stuff is particularly odd and who is one of the newer writers I'm really pleased to be featuring; an extract from Cherith Baldry's new novel (just out from Macmillan); fiction from Nick Mamatas, Roger Levy and hopefully an extract from Gwyneth Jones's next novel. Lots of other things, too, if only I could remember them all...

Actual scheduling tends to be fluid, shifting things around to tie in with various publication dates: Cherith Baldry and Roger Levy will be up soon, for instance; and the Chris Priest interview will go up shortly before Eastercon, as it's reprinted from Interzone and is up for a BSFA award at the con.

You may also have noticed that we've gone from weekly updates (not bad: weekly updates for 5 years!) to every 2 or 3 weeks. We're still adding the same amount of material - probably more - but clumping it together like that frees up writing time for me, and I have a lot on at the moment!

Marcus Gray
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 05:05 am:   

I see an extract from Sean Wright's new novel Wicked or What? on the site. I found a review here, which seems even more hostile to the book than InfinityPlus's reviews of his earlier books The Twisted Root of Jaarfindor and Dark Tales of Time and Space.

http://crapauthors.com/?p=52

KeithB
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 04:28 am:   

I'm not sure why you've chosen to post this, but your suggestion that the infinity plus reviews are hostile is wrong: the reviews are fairly positive, with a few reservations.

Gary Chuck
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 03:38 am:   

I hadn't heard about that guy Sean but, after reading that scathing review, I can see where the guys on the site are coming from.

I think it's all about thinking about what you are writing and coming up with the best product you can. Reading that and seeing the catalogue of mistakes then I don't think that guy will have much a future in writing unless he learns from his mistakes.

There were a few names I recognised on the site and thought their inclusion was a bit harsh (well, harsh but funny)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |