I liked these things so much I now ha... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Night Shade Message Boards » Brooke, Keith » I liked these things so much I now have two! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Keith
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 04:38 am:   

Thanks, again, to Night Shade and Jeff VanderMeer for providing space. As well as looking after the infinity plus messageboard, I have my very own one here.

So news, views, the usual from me (www.keithbrooke.co.uk) and my alter ego Nick Gifford (www.nickgifford.co.uk).

Des
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 09:31 am:   

I don't know how many people realise that Keith is a best selling author in most of the bookshops of the UK at the moment. Check out his 'Piggies' written under the name Nick Gifford.
Deadly serious.

Many heartfelt congratulations, Keith.
Love the book.
Des

Jeff VanderMeer
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 06:26 pm:   

Yes, Piggies is great. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Keith
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 05:52 am:   

Thanks, Des & Jeff.

Yes, Piggies has had a lot of attention since it came out in January. Don't know where I am in the charts this week, though!

Iain R
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 12:29 pm:   

Piggies seems to be getting loads of attention bookshop-wise and the publishers are obviously well behind it - have you had any reviews appear of it yet? Do tell us if you do, so we can check them out.

Do you think you'll always write as NG for that sort of work, or could you see yourself appearing as Keith Brooke ('Nick Gifford') on the front of a novel two or three down the line?

Of course, the advantage of having two message boards is that if Nick Gifford decides that he's real and takes over half of your mind, he can have one all to himself, where he can speak unkindly of his rival...

Keith
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 05:11 am:   

Yes, some nice reviews, thanks.

It's actually featured in Sugar magazine this month - "guaranteed to make you squeal", or something similar. I have to say that's the highlight of my writing career!

The Funday Times were nice about it, and the Glasgow Herald picked it out as one of about ten books to read while you're waiting for the new Harry Potter. I've put some quotes from the reviews up at www.nickgifford.co.uk - the quote on the home page is a random one, and you'll get a different one most times you refresh the page (good way to get the hits up!).

I'll certainly be Nick Gifford for the children's books for the foreseeable future, but it's no great secret that he's me. I guess the double by-line would depend on marketing pressures: if I suddenly write a bestseller under my own name Puffin may want to associate the NG books with that - starting with a book called Piggies That Fly.

I'm quite happy pretending to be someone else so I can scare children for now, though.

JeffV
Posted on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 08:47 am:   

Any updates on Piggies? I've now read it and found it darkly delightful.

Keith
Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 04:41 am:   

Let's start a separate Piggies thread:
http://www.nightshadebooks.com/discus/messages/49/268.html

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration