HOME | CATALOG | DOWNLOADS | LINKS | EDITORIALS | DISCUSSION | CONTACT

Logorrhea in stores now!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register
Night Shade Message Boards » Electric Velocipede » Logorrhea in stores now! « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Klima
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 08:46 pm:   

Tomorrow will see the publication of the anthology that I edited for Bantam Books. The book is called Logorrhea: Good Words Make Good Stories. Every story in the anthology is based on a spelling-bee winning word. Here is the full table of contents:

Hal Duncan - “The Chiaroscurist”
Liz Williams - “Lyceum”
David Prill - “Vivisepulture”
Clare Dudman - “Eczema”
Alex Irvine - “Semaphore”
Marly Youmans - “The Smaragdine Knot”
Michael Moorcock - “A Portrait in Ivory”
Daniel Abraham - “The Cambist and Lord Iron: A Fairy Tale of Economics”
Michelle Richmond - “Logorrhea”
Anna Tambour - “Pococurante”
Tim Pratt - “From Around Here”
Elizabeth Hand - “Vignette”
Alan DeNiro - “Plight of the Sycophant”
Matthew Cheney - “The Last Elegy”
Jay Caselberg - “Eudaemonic”
Paolo Bacigalupi - “Softer”
Jay Lake - “Crossing the Seven”
Leslie What - “Tsuris”
Neil Williamson - “The Euonymist”
Theodora Goss - “Singing of Mount Abora”
Jeff VanderMeer - “Appoggiatura”

I'm very excited about this book. It's been a lot of work in a short amount of time. I sold the book in January of 2006. There were only two out of 21 stories written at that time. To get more than 100,000 words written, edited, and pushed through the publishing process in just over a year took a great amount of effort. I've gotten the chance to work with a lot of authors that I admire.

Those of you that know me better also know that during that course of time I completed my MLIS, my wife gave birth to our first child, I took a full-time job at a great public library in NJ, changed to a full-time job in IA, and moved halfway across the country from NJ to IA. I'm not sure what I'll do with my free time now that the work on the book is essentially done.

The link above takes you to the Amazon page for the book. It's currently $11.05 on Amazon. Not bad for so much great fiction! Go out and buy! Get some for your friends!

John Klima
Editor

PM
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 09:16 pm:   

I'll pick it up!

John Klima
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 10:39 pm:   

If any of you people are in the Davenport, IA area, I'll be doing an event at 3pm at the Davenport Borders on Saturday May 19 and I'll be doing another event at 1pm at the North Park Mall Barnes & Noble on Sunday May 20.

Hope somebody shows up!

John Klima

PM
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 05:38 pm:   

Hope folk show up too!

And even if they don't no need to take it as a personal rejection.

I'm reading it and so far so good!

John Klima
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 08:54 pm:   

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!

Several of the people from my library claim that they'll be at one of the events.

The worst thing is that they fall right during my daughter's naps, so my wife won't be able to be there for support. :-(

Some of you may have heard a quick ad for the anthology on NPR, and I'll have a interview on The Dragon Page coming up, as well as an interview with the Slushgod on Sci Fi Wire.

I'll update here when stuff goes live.

JK

Dave Truesdale
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 05:53 pm:   

John,

Am enjoying the book very much. Just posted a special "SF BY STARLIGHT" review of Hal Duncan's "The Chiaroscurist" at Tangent Online (www.tangentonline.com).

Hal's story is from 2005, and I see from above that there is another one not original to the book. If this is correct, could you tell me when this earlier story was published (the ARC I have doesn't have a copyright page)?

Many thanks in advance, and good luck with the book (which I will be reviewing in the near future at TO in its entirety).

John Klima
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 02:29 pm:   

Glad to hear it!

The two stories that were previously published appeared in Electric Velocipede #9. This was my first issue to sell out. I debuted it at the Glasgow Worldcon that year.

JK

Dave Truesdale
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 08:15 am:   

Thanks, John!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Log Out | Edit Profile | Register

| Moderators | Administrators |